A sight for sore eyes

Bodega

Gawd
overtake.jpg

so it'll be 8 years big deal :rolleyes: i think we've been 2nd since march/april. hopefully we can get back on top... as in get more cpus... not nuking the aussies :p

lets try to bring that to 4 years max :cool:

AtomicMoose said:
Damn, I didn't realize we got that far behind! :eek:

Yeah, this is going to be tough. How long has it been since we were pimped on the front page? Now might be a good time.

pageian said:
Yeah, this is going to be tough. How long has it been since we were pimped on the front page? Now might be a good time.
Who here is in good with the boss man?

Yeah, its definitely nice that we're outproducing them again. Unfortunately, it came at the cost of their production, rather than us adding more. I would have rather they just kept on producing as much as they were. :(

Hey guys

All i can say is, keep trying, the mroe you try, the better it is for human kind... :p

Hopefully we wont have a too hot dry summer and still match it or outproduce you guys.

But 8 years is a long time to catch up :D

[OCAU] fatmantan said:
Hey guys

All i can say is, keep trying, the mroe you try, the better it is for human kind... :p

Hopefully we wont have a too hot dry summer and still match it or outproduce you guys.

But 8 years is a long time to catch up :D

It's coming down fast as the our average goes a little higher... and yours a little lower... it's only about 2.75 years now....

I do wish we were passing you guys because we increase our production by 30k points a day, rather than you guys losing production by that much... But these things tend to be cyclic... (sp??).....

Keep on Folding!! (whatever team you may be on)

Hopefully santa will bring me a 3ghz laptop for christmas, that will be used for coding mainly so plenty of free cycles :)

ladies and germs... the estimated time of overtake is now less than 2 years away :)

keep them boxen coming

u_Bodega

more good/bad news: according to statsman, [H]ardFolding has roughly 948.04 active users (13.7% active of 6920 members) while OCAU has roughly 772.565 active users (14.9% of 5185 members).

good b/c we can overtake; bad b/c so can cancer :(

Not saying they can't be caught, but if you look at some of the top folders at OCAU and do a CPU count, they are doing an awesome job.

We need some corp. grade folders again, that would sure help.;)

I'm gonna try to borg my school... mmm we just got some new p4 3.0's! How would 100-150 new ghz sound? man, can someone help me convince the principal? i think it would be really cool..

BillR said:
Not saying they can't be caught, but if you look at some of the top folders at OCAU and do a CPU count, they are doing an awesome job.

We need some corp. grade folders again, that would sure help.;)

Where's Midnightfreak when you need him? We need to convince him to come back.

pageian said:

I guess that Steve thought so too. Front page pimpage today!!!

wish it could be more than just a mention on the front page... maybe even try to recruit within the forum in the other parts?

Ick, it's getting good, and in about 2 weeks I'm going to temporarily lose 1.4 GHz.

I'm going home for semester break and I'm not taking my PC. Since it's about a 3 week break, and who knows what the hell goes on here during that time, I'm shutting off the PC.

Fortunately, I should be allowed to fold on the box at home. It's only 1.8 GHz, but it's something. Then, when I'm back, and my 3.2 GHz machine is running again, I'll have 5 GHz of folding [H]otness.

ill be shuttin down 3ghz when i go on break but when i get home i can put up another... 6.7ghz =]

-we're under 300 days :D

omg we're gonna do it!!! we outproduced the aussies by 34608.15 today (according to statsman) :D

lets just remember that teh only way to stay ahead is to add more ghz power

229 days and closing fast... we need to get that down to about a couple months or so if we hope to pass them before they start to turn it up again ;)

It'd be nice to build up a sizeable lead before they turn it back up too, that way they have to work for it if they want to pass us again.

ill be adding another 3 ghz sometime soon, maybe another 1 if i can be bothered setting up an old machine :p

i think you may have posted in the wrong thread... this isnt necessarily a boxen-adding thread, its more of a count down till we pass the Aussies thread :eek:

Chugiak said:
Right! And of course we have to GET ahead first. :rolleyes:

Fold on!

Getting a little "ahead" is always good incentive, how do we arrange that?;)

Dang! My principal won't let me borg the school! He's concerned with bandwidth usage. Our internet is donated, from an isp, so we don't wanna do that.

apHytHiaTe said:
Dang! My principal won't let me borg the school! He's concerned with bandwidth usage. Our internet is donated, from an isp, so we don't wanna do that.
aww, come on..the average bandwidth of ALL the computers sending / receiving work units for one day is like what, loading the www.nyt.com page once.

howabout this? ask him if you can try it out, and if the bandwidth spikes too high, you'll kill it? that way at least you can get *some* units done ;)

I'm up to 11.5 to 14.5 gigs daily depending on how long the systems I borg at school go before being turned off/restarted. I was told that my school doesn't have a prob with me borging under my logon, but that only gets me 2 systems at a time at best. I need to get buddy-buddy with our IT manager.

:( Slowly you guys are catchin up.....will be a close one to see if you overtake us before the weather eases up on us.

Fold on guys!!! Makes for a good competition and invaluable research

^ Amen! Fellow folder.

Carnival Forces said:
aww, come on..the average bandwidth of ALL the computers sending / receiving work units for one day is like what, loading the www.nyt.com page once.

howabout this? ask him if you can try it out, and if the bandwidth spikes too high, you'll kill it? that way at least you can get *some* units done ;)

Can you give me some numbers? I'd like to try, maybe give a more compelling reason. I was thinking of borging his office rig to show him how it is a harmless proggie. Plenty of good reasons.

I saw that, its a pitty shame we are not #1 in folding.

I could help, but I am down from three boxen to 2, wireless networking trouble has the third one shut down. The fourth dually would be up, but no pair slot1 processors. The problem is driving my nuts, I posted my problem in the networking forum, but no one will help me.

When I got the new belkin 802.11g wireless router to upgrade my linksys ap, the rest of my wireless stuff was belkin. But recently I try one of the computers in the basement that runs 802.11b it connects fine, but the other dual xeon with a 802.11g wireless card will not connect.

I was told by relic that someone here could help me out with my networking problems if they came up. If I cannot get this fixed, This will be a sight for my sore eyes.

well its down to under 200 days... not bad but we gotta keep adding more boxen, we're still down by 4.2 million points :eek:

If I could only convince the government to allow me to borg a few hundred with out loosing my rank, getting kicked out, fined, and/or tossed in jail. :(

;)

U_Impact9.gif

load up some roos, dingos, koalas, and other marsupials onto cargo planes and bring em over to the US so we can have free power for all of our boxen :cool:

I just read this and figured I might as well add another 3 ghz to the folding team and see how it goes. Just for re-verification, we're team 33?

Rads said:
I just read this and figured I might as well add another 3 ghz to the folding team and see how it goes. Just for re-verification, we're team 33?

yessir, thanks for the help

u_Bodega

Back