A really puzzling problem?!?

mafeishHASHISH

Limp Gawd
Well I have this really wierd "problem" OK so when I turn on my computer (Abit IP35 pro 8800GTS G92) , I get no input signal to my main monitor (22inch) hooked up to DVI until i enter windows... on the other hand I have another monitor hooked up to dual screen, which is 15inch hooked up through a VGA->DVI adaptor, and it shows the POST, BIOS, etc. fine...

And it doesn't matter where I plug both of them in, it's always the same result...

Why?!?

I think it has something to do with the monitor not accepting the output resolution of your BIOS, which is likely very low. It depends on the monitor and I don't know what you can do about it.

Check your monitor configuration that 'Auto Setting' is on. This will automatically perform Auto-Config function when new timing is detected. Page 16 of the user guide.

I have also seen a bad video card have this problem. BIOS screen was blank but when the Windows driver loaded it worked sorta. Have you tried to run any 3D benchmarks to stress the video?

Try switching the cables on the video-card...

The one closest to the motherboard always displayed BIOS for my dual-screen setups.

Are you turning on the monitor before the computer? If I turn my monitor on too long after the computer began starting I get no signal. I have an IP35-E and an 8800GTS G92.

Back