i5-2500K
H60 cooler
8gb RAM
Silverstone tj08-e case
my old HX750 PSU,
120gb Vertex 2e. 3.5" SSD
1Tb WD Green
3Tb Samsung Spinpoint

What Mobo would you suggest? I want to OC the mobo and don't really want to spend all the money on the Asus ROG Gene board. what about the Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3??

any help would be great.

cheers

the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z is only $10 then the one you have listed (newegg) and is also the one that I am currently using. Simply put this is one amazing little board, and I love it!
The board is running my main gaming rig and it simply fly's through everything that I throw at it.

the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z is only $10 then the one you have listed (newegg) and is also the one that I am currently using. Simply put this is one amazing little board, and I love it!
The board is running my main gaming rig and it simply fly's through everything that I throw at it.

+1 Gen-Z isthe best MATX board I've ever had. Great overclocking matx board .

Asus ROG Gene board. what about the Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3??

I really should get around to checking mine out. Picked up one from Micro Center (combo'd with 2500k) but it sits collecting dust. Have also used a Gene-Z for a build for someone else. Don't have it around for direct comparison though.

I'll have to 2nd the Maximus Gene-Z. Has all the bells and whistles it's bigger brother does, onboard EAX support (I wouldn't call it an Xfi, but real nice for onboard), and even has 5 (FIVE!!!) 4pin fan headers. Only problem I could see is it only comes with sata cables that are right angle on one end. It wasn't a problem for me, but I could see it being one in some cases.

Gonna have to give the tip of the hat to the gene z here, great mATX board, and I have 2 of them.

I just got the Gene-Z and I love it! The best mATX in my opinion but then the gen3 version should be out soon so if you want the pcie 3.0 and ivy support I'd wait for that.

Oh and to note, I had the gigabyte board you are looking at and I disliked the bios, it overclocks ok I guess not the best so I upgraded to the gene-z which has been great and solid so far.

Back