A Rat Pad question

micah

Limp Gawd
Howdy All
I have a Rat Pad and I just love this thing. However it is starting to get some slick spots that are starting to bug me while playing games and stuff. Anything I can do about them ? Or do I just need to get another one when it gets to driving me nuts ? I figured it would last a lot longer than it has :-( It is only about 5 or 6 months old.

I think thats kind of a known problem with the GS line. In my opinion the classic Ratzpads are much better (i have one of each).

When mine starts getting really smooth, It helps a little to clean/scrub it really well. I use the stiff brush I use when cleaning pots/pans. Other than that, I think you're just kind of expected to buy a new one ... possibly wait for the next revision. It's been such a common complaint about the line I'd be suprised if it wasn't addressed.

I was just about to post a similar question. I have a new Logitech MX510, and it is awesome. I also have a Ratpadz classic, as well as a Ratpadz GS. I hadn't used the GS very long, before I started noticing the slick spots, and my mouse started acting like it was "sticking".

I then went back to the Ratpadz classic, and it was great for a while, now it feels like the mouse is "sticking" again. I just sprayed it with some Pledge, but it didn't seem to help.

I don't see any slick spots on the classic pad. I will try scrubbing it, but I hate the thought of buying another one of these. They should definitely last a lot longer. Is this "sticking" the same kind of problem you guys are talking about?

Steve

I had a Ratpadz GS for around 6months, and it started to get slick spots. The GS pads have a tendency to wear out very quickly. I replaced my GS with a Fund 1030 and never looked back. If you have a problem with your mouse sticking, try some teflon mouse skates.

PCGamer325 said:
I was just about to post a similar question. I have a new Logitech MX510, and it is awesome. I also have a Ratpadz classic, as well as a Ratpadz GS. I hadn't used the GS very long, before I started noticing the slick spots, and my mouse started acting like it was "sticking".

I then went back to the Ratpadz classic, and it was great for a while, now it feels like the mouse is "sticking" again. I just sprayed it with some Pledge, but it didn't seem to help.

I don't see any slick spots on the classic pad. I will try scrubbing it, but I hate the thought of buying another one of these. They should definitely last a lot longer. Is this "sticking" the same kind of problem you guys are talking about?

Steve

Yea that is my problem some also. When I hit the spots that are worn down it like sticks, Sucks while gaming.

Back