A quiet if not silent PSU?

computergeek22

Limp Gawd
The sad part is I can't get a seasonic because I'm planning to get an Asus mobo whether it be an NF4 chipset or the new rd580 chipset and most asus mobos (at least the one's I'm considering) have their aux 12 power connector at the top left corner of the mobo. As I already have bought a p180 case and the power supply is kept at the bottom of the case, cable lengths are going to be an issue. In addition the psu will need to be capable of running a 7800 gt and a dualcore opteron. I plan on overclocking as well and as a result I stayed away from going with the seasonic s12-500 w/extensions for the cables.

In conclusion, I need a quiet, stable psu that can run a dualy and a 7800gt, in addition it must also have generous cable lengths that can be compatible with the Asus board.

[rant] Why can't Seasonic make PSUs WITH LONG CABLES!!!!!!!![/rant]

Check SilenX...mine us under 14dB and is 450w - they are (from what ive read here) manufactured by FSP. google SilenX and they should have 450+ watts... ITs running the stuf fin my sig just fine at 11.9v on the 12v rail at load

Back