A quiet antec 902. Is it possible?

techpriest

Limp Gawd
hey guys, I'm thinking of getting an antec 902. Is it possible to keep it near as silent as my p180 using low speed yate loons? Or am I dreaming? Should I consider something else? see sig

Well. My Antec 1200 with Nexus fans on 5v is silent (only the HDDs that makes noise), so yeah, it should absolutely be possible.

hey guys, I'm thinking of getting an antec 902. Is it possible to keep it near as silent as my p180 using low speed yate loons?
Every single component (like HDDs) would have to be lot quieter because acoustically that case is one big empty zero... and comparable to just spreading components on table.

For more spacious case Lian Li A71 with combination damping mat lining is pretty much only case with as much silencing features.
(door lowers intake fan noise by "couple hundred RPMs" and full stroke seeks of AAM disabled WD drives can be heard only from close distance)

thanks for the advice. I'll probably get it anyways as it gets very hot in the summers here.

@luddha - what model and where did you get those nexus fans, I've head good things about nexus

Low speed Yates would be a great choice, sell those crappy 3 speed Antec fans and probably make a profit.

Back