• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

A Question for my DVD Drive

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
14,055
I have a Lite-On DVD drive. The drive works fine and everything, plaqys DVD's etc but in Windows Explorer, It shows up as a CD Drive. Never had this happen to me b4 and I've tried everything I could think of. My friend also had this happen to him and he ended up getting a new DVD drive. :( \

Any ideas?
 
I have 2 DVD drives on my system, both show up as CD drives, never worried about it.
 
put a dvd in there and see if it works, if it works then there is notting to worry about. i have a old cd-rw drive and windows xp sees it as a cd rom drive, but when u right click, it says write these files to cd.
 
Windows will see it as a normal-cdrom drive because that's essentially all it is. Until the DVD media is put into the drive - it's a cdrom drive.
 
O, ok. Stupid question I guess. I know that it reads DVD's cause I watch movies on it. Would like to test out the DVD-ROM though. (play games, etc) THanks for the help everone

(My CD-RW drive reads as CD-RW not CD-ROM)
 
Back
Top