A question before I build my rig.

Vengeance

Weaksauce
What's going on Guru's?

I finally got all my stuff to build my second ever WC rig. I want to make sure everything is pretty much done right from the start.

So, my question is, what should I do before I set everything up? I've heard some people boil the tubing in water before installing?? How can I be sure the Rad.'s are clean and ready to go? The Blocks?

To help here's what I got:

The whole system is 1/2" ID

Apogee GT CPU Block
MCw60 GPU Block
MCR 220 QP Rad.
Black Ice Extreme II <--- Yes I know, I bought it before finding out just how much everyone thinks it sucks... at least I got the MCR 220, and they'll both be in the loop.

I'm going to be using my Swiftech MCP600 pump from my previous, (Gunk filled), WC setup, which I took apart and cleaned.

Now if I do indeed boil the tubes, I got two kinds, I got the heavy vinyl stuff from swift tech 7/16" ID PVC, and the very flexible one from Frozen CPU, (which feels like a super soft rubber) PrimoFlex 1/2" PVC. I'm just concerned about damaging the rubbery one?

All help is greatly appreciated.

-V

What's going on Guru's?

I finally got all my stuff to build my second ever WC rig. I want to make sure everything is pretty much done right from the start.

So, my question is, what should I do before I set everything up? I've heard some people boil the tubing in water before installing?? How can I be sure the Rad.'s are clean and ready to go? The Blocks?

Rinse all of you blocks and radiators by flushing it with boiling water multiple times. I'd disassemble the blocks and give them a good dousing of vinegar followed by scrubbing with a toothbush. Rinse them boiling distilled water and then with a final soak in regular distilled water. For radiators, pour boiling water in, cap it, shake it, and then flush with more distilled water.

Don't reuse tubing. I'd really advise against it. Tubing will eventually harden into a certain configuration after prolonged use. Any sort of bending/twisting against it will usually result in the tube collapsing. Also, unless you've purchased expensive Tygon B-44-3, Tygon 2075, or Tygon 2275, all other forms of tubing (Tygon R3603, Masterkleer, Swiftech tubing, Primochill tubing) WILL have corroded and have absorbed contaminants. So toss the tubing and buy new ones.

To help here's what I got:

The whole system is 1/2" ID

Apogee GT CPU Block
MCw60 GPU Block
MCR 220 QP Rad.
Black Ice Extreme II <--- Yes I know, I bought it before finding out just how much everyone thinks it sucks... at least I got the MCR 220, and they'll both be in the loop.

I'm going to be using my Swiftech MCP600 pump from my previous, (Gunk filled), WC setup, which I took apart and cleaned.

Now if I do indeed boil the tubes, I got two kinds, I got the heavy vinyl stuff from swift tech 7/16" ID PVC, and the very flexible one from Frozen CPU, (which feels like a super soft rubber) PrimoFlex 1/2" PVC. I'm just concerned about damaging the rubbery one?

All help is greatly appreciated.

-V

Flush your pump a few times as well with boiling and regular distilled water.

Back