• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A question about setting up a speaker system!

BioSergeant

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
106
I am buying an Xbox 360 soon and building a new rig. I found a monitor that will work easily with both my PC and 360 that I can switch between with. Now, I need a way to hook up 2.1 speakers to both systems. Here is the back of the monitor with all the ports and labels.


My video card is going to the HDMI port. Can I get that HDMI audio out port to work with my PC and my 360? I need some help.
 
The best thing would be to run the 360 through the HDMI port. Then you can use the HDMI audio out on the monitor for the 360 audio. If you use the computer through the HDMI port, no audio will be sent so it really doesn't make sense to use HDMI for the computer. You really should connect the computer through the DVI connection on the monitor.

As for connecting both the computer and 360 to the same speakers, if you buy something like the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's (good as far as computer audio is concerned) you can plug the speakers directly into your sound card then run the audio out from the monitor into the aux in on the promedias.

amazon has the promedias for cheap right now
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top