A question about HD and 360

R08813

Weaksauce
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
85
Well, I just got a Sony ProView LCD from Rent-A-Center. However, I failed to realize that it is HD-Ready, not HD... It said on the info card that it supports 720p, so I just assumed I could play Xbox 360 in HD. So now I have my xbox 360 HD-cables hooked up, and the switch on HD... I also set the software to 720p, but when I switch from s-video (SAT) to HD (360) it flashes 480i at the top. Do I need a special adapter or reciever?? How can I get HD Xbox 360 out of my HD-Ready display?
 
It looks like the model you have is the Proview HX326 from the picture at the RAC site..

It also sounds like you hooked everything up correctly if you did it the way you said you did, and that TV does apparently support HD resolution.

Try setting your Xbox to 1080i and see if that helps, something that seems to work better for certain displays even if it isn't their native resolution. Proview is a fairly low-end brand of LCDs anyway, so it wouldn't be surprising if their firmware is suspect. Also make sure you connected the cables properly color coded from both units and didn't switch a cable from one to the other by mistake (or is the Xbox360 end just a dongle, I can't remember). Finally, look in your TV's setup menu and see if there is an option for type of component video input, sometimes they is a option between Y/Pr/Pb and something else (it's either R/G/B or C/R/G or something like that, it has been a while since I have seen it).

If all else fails, call Proview for tech support.
 
Is there any config (eg for res.) for individual inputs in the tv's setup? It seems like, if you have the cable switched to HD, and the 360 dash set to 720p, that would be the only thing in your way.
 
Back
Top