A program that splits the screen...

Goat_187

Limp Gawd
In the future I plan on buying another 2405pfw but for now I would like to get the 2 screen fuctionality with just one monitor.

so is there a program that splits the screen in half? Like when I click maximize on a program the window would strech to only half the screen. A way I can have two windows up each taking a half of the screen. I find myself resizing the windows manually but its a pain in the ass so i was wondering if there is a sucha program.

Here is a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

split.gif

If you have an nVidia card you can do something similar through the driver cp.

User Interface > "Enable Desktop Gridlines"

You can divide the screen how you want and have a button near the min/max/close buttons in the upper right that maximizes to grid. You'll have to check "nView Maximize" in the gridlines option menu to change "Full-desktop maximize" to "Grid-area maximize". That will add a button to maximize to grid. The window will go to the area it mostly occupies.

Wow...amazing! I was wondering how you could do that as well since i have a 2005fpw. How would I get this to work on an ati card though...

Igthorn said:
If you have an nVidia card you can do something similar through the driver cp.

User Interface > "Enable Desktop Gridlines"

You can divide the screen how you want and have a button near the min/max/close buttons in the upper right that maximizes to grid. You'll have to check "nView Maximize" in the gridlines option menu to change "Full-desktop maximize" to "Grid-area maximize". That will add a button to maximize to grid. The window will go to the area it mostly occupies.

Very cool - I had no idea this could be done, unfortunatly nView seems to slow down my desktop noticably (even on a 6800GT), so I turned it off.

There is a basic windows functionnality that can do this, although the windows will be the same size. Activate the first window you wish to use. Then ctrl+click on the second program in the taskbar (you should have the two programs "selected" in the taskbar). Rightclick on either of the two programs in the tasbar and choose the type of splitting you want.

This work with most of the applications but some won't, I have no idea why though.

Back