"A Problem has been dectected etc etc"

Tony Montana

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got this wireless router and a wireless PCI adapter card for my other computer. I installed everything and set up the connection on the other computer. But when i started it up today i got that blue screen that XP gives you. I reboot and it goes to the safe mode menu. When i turn off the comptuer and take out the wirelss card and then start it back up it starts up fine. The problem is the card or the fact that its on a network. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before and if you have some kind of soultions that you can explain. This has happned before when ive tryed to set up a netowkr on other comptuers with cat cable but i didnt care so i didnt try to fix it. I think im doing something wrong.

uninstall ALL wireless SOFTWARE that came with it.......

then plug the card in and try installing ONLY the drivers...not the connection manager software they provide.....

this used to happen alot with older cards n software, that XP and the Software for wireeless management would conflict....

or goto services, and disable zero wireless config, then install software and driver, and there shouldnt be a conflict..

of course this might not even apply to the situation, but its still relevant

Back