A printer for $90

Mayhs

2[H]4U
Hey, id like a printer for $90, its for my sister at university so we dont want to spend much on it...we would like it to include a scanner and for the catridges to be cheap...we had a $300 lexmark one and the catridges were extremely expensive

Thnx
Mayhs

For printing school papers, consider getting a laser. It probably won't have a scanner, and won't do color, but for about $90 you can get a samsung, brother or minolta printer which will print 1500 pages without having to buy a new cartridge.

If you want to get an inkjet, Epson is probably the cheapest for inks, with Canon just behind. HP is pretty expensive and Lexmark and Dell are the most expensive by far. I don't know if you'll be able to find a decent all-in-one for that price though, and the cheaper inkjet printers tend to cost more in ink over the long run.

I have a cheap old samsung ML 2010 Laser. Worth every penny, saved me many cold walks to a lab because i knew i could print notes in my dorm and it not cost me much.

HP1310 series at Wal-Mart for $80 or less. Has a flat bed scanner, cheap cartridges (considering it is an inkjet), and prints pretty decent.

hmm thnx but i need an inkjet becuase when my sis has toprint presentations etc. she needs colour...and she has loads of laser printers at her university for when she has to print large assignments

hmm i live in england and they dont seem to sell the epson cx4800...if you could suggest a few more similar ones it would be great :)

Check out dabs.com, thet have a pretty good selection. There's probably a similar epson, it'l just have a diferent model number. Epson's normally cost a little more than HP, but you'll make up the diference after a few new ink cartridges.

IanG said:
Check out dabs.com, thet have a pretty good selection. There's probably a similar epson, it'l just have a diferent model number. Epson's normally cost a little more than HP, but you'll make up the diference after a few new ink cartridges.

yeh true...i want a reliable one because my lexmark one's have repeatedly died on me...u from englad too?

Mayhs said:
yeh true...i want a reliable one because my lexmark one's have repeatedly died on me...u from englad too?
Originally, living stateside now though. Epson's are pretty good, I think they're a bit better than Canon's now since canon made their inks more expensive. Lexmark = teh crap.

Back