a pretty good deal

Bodega

Gawd
newegg has this on its main page

soyo sy-p4rc350

its a soyo board based on the ati 9100 chipset. its $90 with a $90 mail in rebate...
integrated video and lan make it a pretty good folding board if you have a p4/celeron lying around or if you want to buy one for cheap.

i cant find any reviews on this board so i dont know if there are any major problems that would prompt newegg to sell them dirt cheap. im gonna pick one up myself, i figure even if it doesnt work $5 isnt too bad for a big paper weight.

just a lil heads up ;)

The rebate is only for $45 off. Not $90. The final cost is $45 for the board.

wow. those bastards...

it gave me a final total of $0.00 + $5.00 for shipping.
wtf.

Bodega said:
wow. those bastards...

it gave me a final total of $0.00 + $5.00 for shipping.
wtf.

Bodega, your original post is correct. The final price is $0.00 plus shipping. There are 2 $45 rebates (the second one is a "bonus" rebate). The second one clearly states that a COPY of the UPC is OK. If you actually get both rebates (everyone knows how rebates are) that would be a nice deal.

sneaky sneaky.... take a look.
before:
newegg rebate.jpg

after:
newegg rebate 2.jpg

:confused:

i took a screenshot just incase something happened =]

just a warning - soyo has been offering these type of rebates through mwave and tiger direct for months.
I was lucky ?? and got a board processor combo for less than the cost of the processor from mwave in april when they gave a store rebate. After that the rebate went through Soyo - and a lot of people are still waiting for rebates :(
By the way - I farmed it out to one of my sons where it folds 24/7.

MN Scout said:
Wow that really is sneaky. I don't really like it at all.

Anyone who knows me knows I’m just a tiny bit cynical. On that note I have had very few rebate issues and I use them a lot.

That said, I spend NO money with BB because the only issues I ever had were BB rebates. Perhaps they can’t afford stamps, who knows.

Luck on your new board, get that sucker folding ;)

Man I'd so get that and a Celeron D! Saving for a house sucks :(

Buckus said:
Man I'd so get that and a Celeron D! Saving for a house sucks :(

Hey man, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. A house is important. It's all good in the end, you get a house and more room for folding boxes, it's a win win ;)

BillR said:
Hey man, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. A house is important. It's all good in the end, you get a house and more room for folding boxes, it's a win win ;)

Hehe..I told my wife we'll need four bedrooms...Our bedroom, baby's bedroom, office, and a folding room :D

I just built this computer using that board getting the same deal as stated above... free after rebates. Got a spare 3.2 p4 laying here and the damn thing is dead.. this board already is making me mad. I take out all the memory and I don't even get beep codes.... I am RMA'ing tomorrow and hopefully getting a board that works...
arg!

-Nigel

NewShockerGuy said:
I just built this computer using that board getting the same deal as stated above... free after rebates. Got a spare 3.2 p4 laying here and the damn thing is dead.. this board already is making me mad. I take out all the memory and I don't even get beep codes.... I am RMA'ing tomorrow and hopefully getting a board that works...
arg!

-Nigel

I would be careful, wasn't it on the [H] news that Soyo is getting out of the motherboard business? I bought one the Dragon 1.0 socket 478 boards, that was supposed to be free after rebate, and haven't recieved my rebate back yet. That was a few months ago, so I just wrote it off. I would have rather spent the money on a board that would OC, which I can't get the soyo to post with even a 1MHZ FSB increase. :(

Back