A possible W/C'd htpc???

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
I have an idea for a watercooled htpc and would like your ideas.

My idea is this: To use an AMD XP-3200 cpu and downclock it as far as it'll go. And then use the Thermaltake Tidewater Plus to cool both the cpu and gpu. Thus lowering the case noise from the fans.

My trick here is to use a WC rig meant for a dual gpu/SLI to cool a cpu and a gpu. But I think that if the cpu is running cool to start with by downclocking it, I think the Tt rig should be able to handle it.

What are your thoughts and ideas?

Thank you.

If you're going to underclock the cpu so much, why not grab a fanless heatsink, as seen here for $45, grab a fanless videa card (ala 6600) and save yourself the money/headache of water cooling.

Because sometime you just have to climb that mountain just to see if it can be done.

screwmesa said:
If you're going to underclock the cpu so much, why not grab a fanless heatsink, as seen here for $45, grab a fanless videa card (ala 6600) and save yourself the money/headache of water cooling.

Limited space within the system prohibits me from using such a humungoid cooler.

Well then go for it! :)

Yeah, it'll work, but my only question is....what case will it be done to? :cool:

Well... since all I shoot is my Hasselblad 2-1/4, I'll try ta find a digital cam and a hosting service.

Back