• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A (poor) fix for missing portrait mode in CCC

noquarter

Gawd
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
606
I know a lot of people have this issue, where portrait mode is missing from CCC when 3 monitors are hooked up.

I was finally able to get the option to reappear by doing the following:

1) Uninstall the ATI Catalyst everything
2) Uninstall the Radeon driver via device manager
3) Run regedit and browse to this key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video
4) Find the entry that contains the Catalyst driver settings. Mine was {E7C9957F-42A3-4B9E-89D9-B3C1484057C3} keys \0000, \0001, etc
5) Delete the entire key. HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{E7C9957F-42A3-4B9E-89D9-B3C1484057C3} for me.
6) Reboot
7) Reinstall Catalyst drivers
8) Reboot
9) Don't blame me if this fucks up.


Unfortunately it's a pain in the ass process, but it worked. I actually hope I lose portrait again so I can narrow down the entry in that key that needs to be deleted and hopefully find a process that avoids reinstalling the drivers entirely.

If someone has the missing portrait problem you may want to try deleting 1 entry at a time till you find it. I suspect it's one of the EDID or configuration mode sounding entries.
 
um, why do all that? I had to disable my outer monitors, switch the center one to portrait, re-enable the outer 2, and then I was able to configure portrait mode.
 
um, why do all that? I had to disable my outer monitors, switch the center one to portrait, re-enable the outer 2, and then I was able to configure portrait mode.

Didn't work for me. I would get portrait back whenever I was at 2 monitors or less but the instant I enabled or plugged back in the 3rd monitor it would be lost, even if I had one set to portrait already. That was true on each of the 3 installs that I lost portrait mode, been a recurring problem for me.. (reinstalled win7 a few months ago then my hard drive died last month and had to reinstall again). The last time I lost portrait I even lost it when at 1 or 2 monitors, was gone entirely, so finally got fed up and deleted the registry entries.
 
Back
Top