** A Picture I Took - 2009 **

ultran00b

Weaksauce
We need a new thread for the year 2009!

3156499163_f477ac0978_b.jpg

Bastages! =) I knew someone would get to this before I did today =)

My pics inc.

My 1st try at this kinda of shot any input/feed back is welcome :)
Xsi/ Canon 80-200 2.8L i think it was 25" and F8

Time1-1.jpg

Added one more

Time2.jpg

You need to set your AE lock to something dark. Say like that shadows in the trees so that way you do get such a blown out image. Try playing with the exposure and shutter speed to see what you can come up with. Very cool image though...

KORI
25 seconds wow, I'd drop your aperture to f22 and maybe do just an 10 or 12 second exposure first. Some potential there, you need to get out of the light and have it indirect. The direct light is blowing out the frame.

Air Emirates Airbus A380

Thanks for the input guys I will give these settings a try I am still very new to all this and still have lots to learn

my 2nd try at these shots with some of the input from you guys thanks

Time3.jpg

Time4.jpg

Put That Back Titmouse...

Hope He Didn't See Me..

Hey, You Are Getting Too Close...

Come To Get Your Food....

What's All The Commotion???

He Caught Me Again...

@Ultran: What building is that?

I was curious and looked it up based on the 'de beers' sign. It's the De Beers flagship store at 185 Post Street in San Francisco.

@VictorChan: nice bird pics~! You have a lot more animals around you than I have right now.

KORI.... much better... see how the images are less blown out now and you can see a bit more detail in the road and other dark areas. Try it again with your ISO at atleast 800 if not higher and try maybe a shorter focal length and try cropping in the image. Try using the bottom of the sign post (one in the middle of the image) as your center point and then lets see what you come up with.

Thanks. Thanks to the park rangers in my local park that they setup a bird feeder area. Got plenty of actions there. Mostly the regular birds so far.

Chickadee Looking Serious....

Jay doing a Nuthatch..

I was curious and looked it up based on the 'de beers' sign. It's the De Beers flagship store at 185 Post Street in San Francisco.

@VictorChan: nice bird pics~! You have a lot more animals around you than I have right now.

KORI.... much better... see how the images are less blown out now and you can see a bit more detail in the road and other dark areas. Try it again with your ISO at atleast 800 if not higher and try maybe a shorter focal length and try cropping in the image. Try using the bottom of the sign post (one in the middle of the image) as your center point and then lets see what you come up with.

He's shooting with a XSi; 800 is going to start getting quite noisy. What are you getting at, shorter light trails?

He's shooting with a XSi; 800 is going to start getting quite noisy. What are you getting at, shorter light trails?

True.... didn't think of that.. I was just looking for a bit more crispness and detail in the walls and enter divide..

KORI... is that the 99 side or 5 side of sac?

Sweet - a thread for the new year! Some great stuff here already! The building and leaf at the top look really good.

I'm looking forward to posting some stuff here soon - just ordered my first dslr, a Nikon D90 body and a 50mm F/1.4 AF-S as a starting prime. Looking forward to shooting lots of great low-light stuff with it.

Happy shooting all!

I'm jealous of you guys cameras!

not near the quality of any of the above pics, but I liked this one I took last weekend at the moody gardens aquarium with my little kodak point and shoot. This part of the aquarium is a tunnel, the shark was swimming overhead

shark.jpg

True.... didn't think of that.. I was just looking for a bit more crispness and detail in the walls and enter divide..

KORI... is that the 99 side or 5 side of sac?

of sac? what do you mean?

of sac? what do you mean?

That looks like either Highway 99 or I-5 in Sacramento, California (Sac). I was further lead to believe that it was Sacramento by the "Colfax Ave" sign on the right hand side. I know it was a long shot but didnt know if you lived in Sacramento or not.

Very nice DOF in these! What camera/lens (mostly just the lens, specs and settings) were you using?

Gah I hate imageshack and flickr because they strip the exif data. If you are running Firefox you can actually get a plug-in that is and Exif viewer and will give you that information (as long as the site does not strip it.)

Very nice DOF in these! What camera/lens (mostly just the lens, specs and settings) were you using?
thank you.

as for the camera and setup:
D-80
AF-D 50mm f/1.4
SB-800

Exposure program: Manual
Exposure time: 1/60sec
ISO: 200
F Number: F1.8
Flash Sync Mode: Rear
Flash Compensation: -1/3

i think that's everything. and for some reason Photoshop stripped the images of exif data when i resided them. :confused:

My picture of the Statue of Liberty:

Also: You might have seen this picture on the Wikimedia Commons, that's because I put it there.

(C) Peter C.

I am still a rookie. Bought the camera less then a week ago. Canon SX10 IS

venom.jpg

Some city shots.....

Something Is Watching Me

Go Run For It

Let Me Out

Making That Call

One Lace

Don't Go

3 exposures merged to HDR in Photomatix Pro and then tone mapped.

eyehdr.jpg

15 second exposure with repeated motions to make a...STAR!! OMG!! Lol..:p

IMG_0216.jpg

Back