A Picture I Took - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, this is my first attempt at tone mapped... thanx so much the all you guys for the inspiraration...

the pic is of Albert Clock, Belfast

albertclockfirsttonemapre9.jpg

Great pic!! I gave HDR a try this weekend using Photomatix trial (seeing as PS Elements does not have the HDR ability open in the trial) and came up with a decent result however it saves it as a .hdr file. Should I be saving it as .tiff?

Great pic!!

Thanx bud, its my first attempt a HDR, so i'm no expert, lol... :p

but anyhow, since you asked, all i did is take three shots with different exposures (high-lights, mid-tones & shadows), then blend and edit them with photomatix pro..
As for what type of image you have to use, i dont think it matters.. i use jpeg personally, but tiffs, pngs or gifs, i'm sure, are all compatible with photomatrix.

here's some more i took today, hope you like them :)

609306192a7071667702o.jpg

609306192a7071667640o.jpg

609306192a7071667670o.jpg

I got this picture yesterday at a Spring Training Game. No modifications.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

LOL saw Ely and was like WTF there is that much snow in Ely? Little did I realize it was Ely, MN not Ely, NV

Haven't posted here for a while. Been busy at the ArsTech Photo thread and Canon message board. Here are couple of shots I have today.:

-----------------------
A sick day in the swamp.

Is cold, damp, and overcast outside. I am sick. Headed out for 3 hours hike. My flash batteries died half way into my shots. Some shots could have been better if fill flash were being used.

Northern Mocking Bird. Strangely, I have been seeing this bird every time I entered a trail. Is like they are always at the "door."

A giant robin.

A Robin underneath a panic bench

A Yellowlegger

A waxwing??

Unknown bird. Can someone ID this one??

Sony alpha a100 standard 18-70 lense.

Aside from making it b/w minor tweaks to the contrast/levels in PS CS3.

Wanted it in HDR, but didn't have the tripod on me and it was really windy

Sunset.jpg

Wanted it in HDR, but didn't have the tripod on me and it was really windy

If you have a RAW of that photo, and you have Photomatix Pro, you can create a pseudo HDR image from it and tone map it from there. It actually quite effective.

VictorChan, the last two birds you have pictured are a Cedar Waxwing and Tufted Titmouse. :)

Oh, and cool shoot of the Mockingbird. Those are often hard to get a shot of, very active.

Here is one for ya guys.

3BW.jpg

Also, I never really been a fan of inverting images and what not,
but I must say I am quite fond of the way it looks on this shot.

3I.jpg

C&C would be great.

Thanks
Bob

PS- Don't bother going to my site, it's not finished yet. :)

Man some great photography in this thread. I do some photography as part of my job yet I still suck at it. :(

Might as well add to this too. Caught this little basard by luck. Image is cropped and, upsized.
266173762_iZVDQ-XL.jpg

Taken with my D80, 80-400mm @ 400mm,ISO800 f/8.0. I may have up sampled too much but, the pic seemed too small after cropping.

Unfortunately our weather limits me very much so far in 2008.

Here's an example of one i shot in 2008 so far. It can only get better with the weather hopefully improving in my part of the world....

DSC00104.jpg

Unknown bird. Can someone ID this one??
maybe a female cardinal?

Yep. It's a little green dot in the bottom left corner of the viewfinder. It should light up green when you are in focus.

On that cam it might only do that in single shot mode, not continuous.

thanks, I edit the above, here's 2 more.
And below is a pizza that I made (Italian style) on Christmas day. You won't find that at pizza hut :D

pizza4yn8.jpg

pizza5hd0.jpg

Apparently, the fluorescent lights in our neighborhood (when combined with snow) make things like a residential version of Max Payne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back