A Picture I Took - 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Kodiak, I can never bet the bastiches to sit long enough for me. :p

Joves said:
Nice Kodiak, I can never bet the bastiches to sit long enough for me. :p

That one I actually got 3 shots of, that was the best of the 3 though.
Here is another one I got lucky enough to take. My gf somehow lost the full sized one, (uploaded to photobucket, photobucket resized it, she deleted the O.G. off the camera :p)

This one I got with her Cannon Powershot. I barely had time to get the camera up and snap off the shot, about a millisecond after i snapped the butterfly took off, so by the time i lowered the camera from my face, it was gone... and this was all that was left :)
gw031.jpg

I shot this lovely moment while at a friends wedding in May
p177663202-4.jpg

This is one of the better shots I got while at Wolf Haven for a fundraiser on the 29th of July. Was shooting at dusk with no tripod and on full auto with the camera... need to go back during the day sometime and get some better shots
p883029732-4.jpg

mastercheeze said:
That is a really cool picture/area. You have any of this without people? or even just other views of it? Also, if you don't mind, a link to a high-rez version of the aforementioned would be cool too (for private use, of course).

yeah, check out my fotki there's a bunch on there from a recent hiking trip....you can also download the high res JPG's (saved w/ 12 quality, no image downsize or other changes).....and thanks for the compliment, btw.....

here's what we were standing under....
cave2.jpg

got a 50mm 1.8 Nikon was taking a picture of some local flowers i like this picture because of the inside of the flower almost makes it look like it's glowing if that makes sense

DSC_0018_edited-1.jpg

The Eiffel Tower, as well as a shot of a signpost near the place we were living.

Camera was an S2IS.

Here's another one : Florence, from the Piazzale de Michelangelo

Ah, and here are a couple more shots.. one from the Vatican Museum, and the other from St. Peter's Basilica.

Click for fullsize. Taken from our balcony tonight with an Olympus D580Z. The grass came out really green.

TechHead said:
Ah, and here are a couple more shots.. one from the Vatican Museum, and the other from St. Peter's Basilica.

Haha, did you not see the sign? When I was there, there were signs everywhere asking to not take pictures because the light damages the paintings. Shame, shame on you haha! Excellent pic though! Did you go to Castle D'Angelo(sp?) ?

EDIT: In the i=picture of the painting when you are looking at it full res.,,look at the guy and the border, the dimensions look 'funny'. I'm sorry I don't know who's in that painting!

angels.jpg

Playing with my new camera Digital Rebel XT and the Canon 70-300mm USM 3 lense my worked had... Bought the lense cuase it works with my film cam and was kinda cheap.

pray.jpg

Another one... Starting to figure out my camera and photography. I seriously didn't touch a camera for over a year and I regret it =9

I was in Istanbul 3 days ago for the Formula 1 Grand Prix and I took this picture while sightseeing. For some reason I really like it (resized).

peace.jpg

30D, 24-70 f.8L both handheld

30D%20pictures%202%20098.jpg

45mm F2.8, 1/500, ISO800, +3ec

30D%20pictures%203%20190.jpg

70mm f2.8 1/50, ISO 640

EDIT: my sig on the pics sucks I know, im working on a new one..

methocl said:
[IMG=no]http://static.flickr.com/86/206071349_b521908acd_o.jpg[/IMG]

Gatlinburg, TN - Great Smoky Mountains.
what a nice green. Makes me want to take a big bite out of the grass.

All nice pics indeed!

One tip for you Joves is to keep a set of tweezers in your bag. This way you can clean up extra crap from around your subjects without disturbing them

Yeah I should have cleaned it up a bit but, I leave it natural most of the time. Thanx for the compliments. Though I could still PS the debris out.

The Beautiful Sky courtesy of the backyard ;) This makes a great background.

Taken with my newly aquired Kodak Easyshare C533 5MP!

Raw to Jpg in CS2, no other editing.

430ex flash, bounced off the wall to the right.
98664551-L.jpg

Again, no editing, right form raw to jpg.
98474728-L.jpg

Drove up to the Grand Canyon for the day (and a short hike) on Saturday. Sorry if I include too many, believe me, I took A LOT that I didn't post here. Here are a few highlights:

A view from the top before heading down.
gc_top1.jpg

Different view from the top. Looks like the postcard.
gc_top2.jpg

There were several "windows" in the rock towards the top of the trail...the trail even went through a few of them.
gc_window.jpg

On the way down, this is a section of an IMMENSE (notice the barren treetop to the left for scale) solid rock wall. Thought the growth looked really neat.
gc_rock.jpg

View out from where we stopped for lunch
gc_lunchview.jpg

Partway back up the trail, looking down into the valley.
gc_valley.jpg

Closeup of the trees seen above.
gc_trees.jpg

On our way back up, nearing the top, some fog rolled in, obscuring the rim.
gc_fog.jpg

Since it had been rainy and overcast for most of the day (cleared up for us when we got there), we were treated to a rainbow when the clouds broke for a short while. Couldn't decide which I liked best of the following three, so I included them all. A happy, after-the-storm kinda feel here.
gc_rainbow3.jpg

Darker, looks like it's trying to break out of captivity from the storm.
gc_rainbow1.jpg

Closeup of the end hitting a spire. Where's me Pot'O'Gold?
gc_rainbow2.jpg

Finally, a picture of the Boy, having a fabulous time looking at (and walking around in) the "Big Hole".
gc_xander.jpg

Nice pics Uzor. I know Saturday sucked I went to Fossil Creek on Sunday myself. I have a load of pics from there. But am too lazy at this point of the week to post them.

101906%20030.jpg

Messing around with some exposure time night pic's and this one
came out pretty cool.

Noticed the candle and lost it's wick in the wax so I thought it would
be fun to take a few shots.

Click for full version.

Ice sculpture from my father's wedding reception (2006-10-28).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back