A peculiar problem with Endian UTM, PS3 and Netflix

VanFanel89

2[H]4U
Hi all!

I am hoping to get some help with a peculiar problem I am experiencing which I can't even find a solution for on the Endian forums (not that they are much help.... can't even register!).

My setup as is following:

Endian box -> Netgear GS108T -> Netgear WNR3500L in dumb switch mode and AP mode -> PS3.

The Endian box has VLAN4 configured with the GS108T switch being tagged on it on the router-switch uplinkg and untagged on the on the GS108T -> WNR3500L uplink. The PS3 is connected via a cable to the WNR3500L switch.

Here's when the odd behavior manifests itself: I can't stream on the PS3 with this kind of a configuration. I can get onto Netflix, I can browse through all the movies and I can select one, but once it starts buffering, it'd try to buffer a bit and then come up with an error stating "We're having trouble playing this title right now, please try again later or select a different title."

In the router logs, I can outbound communication from the PS3 to the Netflix servers and the communication is allowed - so that's all nice and dandy. Furthermore, I can see data coming into the uplink (router -> modem) however that data is not being sent to the internal input...

The kicker is that a laptop I have that is connected to the WNR3500L but wirelessly can stream with no problems; furthermore - any other computer, even those not connected to the WNR3500L (have couple other switches) can stream without any problems as well.

So.... any ideas...???

Thanks!

Hrm - now I think it's more firewall/router related than anything else... I connected the PS3 directly to the main switch... same results!

Ahh! Figured it out - looks like an HTTP proxy issue... which is weird because netflix uses port 80 for streaming and port 80 is allowed... oh well.

Back