A Nintendo Switch Helped Rescue A Missing Teenager 500 Miles From Home

T4rd

Fully [H]
I'm kinda surprised a 14 year old girl these days didn't already have a phone to track her. But fortunately she had a Switch and used it 9 days after her disappearance to download Little Nightmares and watch some YouTube, which allowed the FBI to request her location/IP information and track her down.

A pedo named Ethan Roberts had groomed the girl on Omegle and convinced her to hop on a Greyhound bus with him from Norfolk VA to Arizona where he was going to apparently use her for making "content". 😡

Having a 13 year old girl myself, this stuff turns my stomach and is why I constantly monitor and limit her online activities. You can educate them all you like, but you never know what they're susceptible to until they're in a real world situation and need parental intervention.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomas...escue-a-missing-teenager-500-miles-from-home/

She probably didn't know she could be tracked via her Switch and left the phone at home which turned out to be lucky for her family and LE. Shame we can't....... snip snip these predators.

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
Shame we can't....... snip snip these predators.
Sometimes it happens. There's a case where a woman whose daughter was murdered--obviously this was a long time ago when the authorities were less careful--showed up at the murderer's sentencing (IIRC) and, as he was walking by, calmly pulled out a gun and shot him to death, and then waited for the cops to grab her. It was directly caught on news camera.

Sometimes it happens. There's a case where a woman whose daughter was murdered--obviously this was a long time ago when the authorities were less careful--showed up at the murderer's sentencing (IIRC) and, as he was walking by, calmly pulled out a gun and shot him to death, and then waited for the cops to grab her. It was directly caught on news camera.
I saw that, it was the father at the phone booth.

Once again, companies using their powers to spy on users.
Damn if they do, damn if they don't. IIRC this was a special case and LE requested, with reasonable warrant, aid from them since this was a minor with a sexual predator. What if the girl was savagely raped and murdered but LE could've save her before it happen but Nintendo and the ISPs declined to give them the info they needed, can you imagine the shit-show!?

Damn if they do, damn if they don't. IIRC this was a special case and LE requested, with reasonable warrant, aid from them since this was a minor with a sexual predator. What if the girl was savagely raped and murdered but LE could've save her before it happen but Nintendo and the ISPs declined to give them the info they needed, can you imagine the shit-show!?
I was just trolling.

Back