• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A newbie Vid Card Question

b1NARY73

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
304
I have lurked here for many months, and I really enjoy all the comments and helpful suggestions from the other memebers, so here is my first post. I currently have a Gigabyte 9500XT, and was looking at a 6800, or a X800. My question is simple, is it worth upgrading this card (9500XT) for one of these new cards, or should I wait til I have a few coins in my pocket, and go for a 6800GT or a X800 Pro Platinum. I welcome any and all comments. :p
 
I'd get the 6800GT. And dude, they don't make a 9500XT. 9600XT yes, but not 9500.
 
If you can wait, get the 6800GT. If not, the 6800 is still a very solid, affordable card that should be able to run just about anything without problems.
 
You've got a pretty good card, Wait and get a 6800 GT. I went from a 5900 Ultra (flashed to 5950) to a 6800 GT and it doubled my scores. Made an amazing differance. anything less would be a waste of kaasch!
 
Back
Top