A new player from Creative~! *Zen stone*

genie

n00b
zen_stone1.jpg

zen_stone2.jpg

Take a look at http://www.epizenter.net/comment.php?comment.news.279

Quote from the above site:
Creative has just announced the Zen Stone, after stating the new player wouldn't come for a few weeks in their conference call two days ago. As we predicted earlier, The Zen Stone is indeed made to compete with the iPod Shuffle. Like the shuffle, the Stone does not have a screen, and can play songs randomly (i.e. shuffle them). You can also play songs in order by skipping through various folders. The good news here is it's going to retail for $39.99 for 1GB; That's 40.00 cheaper than the iPod Shuffle! I really like the design of this player. It's very simple, but like previous Zen players, the glossy finish and curvaceous build are a nice touch.

-Neat ZEN design looks good wherever you take it.
-1GB Capacity
-Supports MP3, WMA (DRM9) and Audible (Subscription content not supported).
-Standard mini-USB connection for easy downloads from your PC.
-Up to 10 hours playtime from built-in rechargeable battery.
-Choose your colour - black, white, green, blue, red, pink
-Dimensions: 53.7 x 35.3 x 12.8mm
-Price: $39.99

Nice small and light player from creative. A player which I may get as a gift or for running if you ask me. It's really cheap. Though it's cheap but creative has also came out with quite a few accessories such as the armband for it. Seems cool and simple to use.

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=16424

this is sweet. im probably going to get it for work and its only 40 freakin bucks, thats nothing for a mp3 player. i hate the iPod crap and my sister and one of her friends have 2 different creative hdd players and i am pretty impressed with them.

Kudos to creative on the price

Now if they can only come up with something that can compete with the Nano on a size level

Kudos to creative on the price

Now if they can only come up with something that can compete with the Nano on a size level

Yeah, because that creative zen really takes up a lot of space. I'm going to have to rent a space at public storage before I can buy it.

Yeah really, don't get me started on how gay the shuffle looks, it has a freakin clip and no screen whatsoever, this thing might have no screen, hell it might even have a clip for all I know, but at least it looks cool.

Me personally I'll stick with the zune

Yeah really, don't get me started on how gay the shuffle looks, it has a freakin clip and no screen whatsoever, this thing might have no screen, hell it might even have a clip for all I know, but at least it looks cool.

Me personaly I'll stck with the zune

I love the 2nd gen shuffle :(

I'm not saying it's bad as an mp3 player, but I don't like the way it looks. Thats all I meant :)

Yeah, because that creative zen really takes up a lot of space. I'm going to have to rent a space at public storage before I can buy it.

Nano Size: 3.50" x 1.60" x 0.26" @ 1.41 oz. (2Gb model)
Creative ZEN V Size: 2.7" x 1.7" x 0.6".@ 1.55 oz. (1gig model)
Creative Zen MICRO: 2.0" x 3.3" x 0.7" @ 3.8 oz. (6Gb model)

The Zen might be cheaper, but it is almost 3x as thick as the Nano. If I were to buy a mp3 player today I would want it to be smaller than my cell phone. Which is a Motorola Slvr which is: 4.33" x 1.93" x 0.39".

I have a creative Zen, and personally I think it's massive. I want something I can put in my pocket and I won't notice it's there. I've actually been looking for a new mp3 player. I want something small and slim, with a screen. But personally iTunes sucks, and creative drivers blow. But I would choose the creative drivers over itunes, but unless creative makes a player that is on par with the size of the nano I am gonna hold off till they either create one or I can pick up a nano for @/around the 100 dollar mark.

Someone should buy this and let us know how good it is. This would turn out to be a good present for anyone.

I have a creative Zen, and personally I think it's massive. I want something I can put in my pocket and I won't notice it's there. I've actually been looking for a new mp3 player. I want something small and slim, with a screen. But personally iTunes sucks, and creative drivers blow. But I would choose the creative drivers over itunes, but unless creative makes a player that is on par with the size of the nano I am gonna hold off till they either create one or I can pick up a nano for @/around the 100 dollar mark.
I have a Zen MicroPhoto which is pretty much identical to the Zen Micro in size. It's thicker than a Nano but also shorter in height. I got it because it's a hard drive player unlike the Nano. Thats' why I paid $160 for 8 GB of space when the Nano was selling for $200 for a 2 GB version. The Nano's screen scratches easily as does it back plate. My MicroPhoto still looks new after being used for almost a year. The battery isn't replaceable like on the MicroPhoto. On top of that, the Zen has superior audio quality.

The thin size needs to be really, really important to get a Nano.

I bought 3 of these this morning after I got off work, I am very impressed size wise and with sound quality. Creative out did themselves with this one the design makes it so you dont even feel it in your pocket and can be attached via a lanyard hole or u can probably use a keyring with it as well.

Can't wait for the key ring chain to come out, this lil guy will come with me everywhere.

I got mine at walmart $38.76 , Newegg also has them but its the same price after shipping as walmart after tax.

Funny thing is Cirutcity has them for 49.99:eek: thats a HELL of a mark up..

I might get this at some point as the package deal because it kicks ass and it's still cheaper than the nano.

Can't wait to check one out. Thanks for the tipoff to the OP...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i listened to it all day at work yesterday and overall, im quite pleased with it. the sound quality is pretty good, not as good as my iriver h320 but thats got an eq. its extremely small and light, weighs as much as 2 no.2 pencils. the black finish is awesome. it does attract fingerprints, but they easily wipe off on ur shirt.
2 things i dont like. first is the transfer speed is a little slow. takes like 10-15 seconds to transfer a 3 meg song. second, it charges via usb. i wish it was both usb and wall. u can buy a wall charger for it, but i wish it was included.

im definetly keeping it, for 40 bucks u cant go wrong with it.

awesome! i've always had a soft spot for creative's mp3 players. always found the ipod overpriced, worse performing and less features.

Bought this at local Wal Mart for $39, first player since my 64MB Creative back in 2000. Have used Bose Triport, Icemat Siberia Headset, and the included headphones to test sound quality playing 320kbps mp3s. Better sound quality than what I was expecting. Ordering the key chain accessory soon. Excellent little player to hold me until the 8GB iRiver clix 2 is released.

Bought one at Buy.com for $29. I'm still waiting for it to ship....it looks to be significantly larger than the suffle but at over half the price it makes me not care.

you will be amazed at how small and light this thing is. it looks a hell of a lot better than the shuffle and drag and drop ftw!!

Bought one from Wal Mart two days ago. It's great. It's small and light - I can't feel it in my pocket at all. It looks so much better than the Ipod Shuffle, all shiny and rounded edges. Very nice. Sound is pretty good. Not quite as good as my Zen Vision:M, but as has been said above, it doesn't have an EQ. It's replaced my ZV:M as my in-car audio, and I can run with it too. And it only cost $40. Can't beat that.

Mine just arrived from Buy.com. I haven't charged it yet but my initial impression is that it's much more aesthetically pleasing than the shuffle but quite a bit larger which is fine because it's small to the point that the added size is a non-issue. I do wish it had a clip like the shuffle, that sucks that we need a silicon skin to ad a clip. I'll give a performance update tomorrow :D

Back