A New Brutal Doom Beta Build Is Available for Download

cageymaru

Fully [H]
A new beta build of Brutal Doom is available for download according to DSO Gaming. The patch notes have various fixes for texture error messages as well as a bug in Revenant Mode. Aim down sights is no longer a toggle to make the game feel more modern. These were in response to the release of Brutal Doom V21 a day earlier which brought new features for the map, assault shotgun, footsteps, a fix for sidestepping pinky and imp demons while also increasing the amount of blood decals to name a few. Get the mod here.

The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.

Just me or did they turn down the excessive gore about 10x? Looks better IMO.

I didn't know they were still updating this. Guess I'll have to test this out later.
Wow, same here. I still play Brutal Doom a decent amount, but I had no idea there were more updates coming. Honestly I was pretty happy with what was there already, so definitely looking forward to checking out what this version's got. I've had Sergeant_Mark_IV's Brutal Doom 64 installed since launch but haven't put enough time into yet. Seemed promising from what little I've played so far. I never actually spent any time with Doom 64 on N64 so this is fresh experience for me. With Brutal Doom I find myself switching between the original classic music and the Brutal Doom version of the soundtrack every few play sessions or so.

the constant stant footstep sounds and iron sights really annoyed me... and yea, looks like a lot less gore... but really cool to see the game still being updated/modded

Back