• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A modest proposal

could work well, though i think the duct out is kinda useless, but a cool idea to have a closed off cpu cooling loop from the rest of the case ;)
 
Go for it! And eat little orphaned kids while you're at it. Looks like a decent deal.

Only issue I can think of is aesthetics, but I'm just lame like that :p (big plastic duct = so unfashionable in a dell sort of way)
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
could work well, though i think the duct out is kinda useless, but a cool idea to have a closed off cpu cooling loop from the rest of the case ;)

Agree, except I think that the exhaust duct will be helpful. You should probably see a nice case temperature drop with the exhaust duct, which will help with your graphics card cooling.
 
Zinn said:
Go for it! And eat little orphaned kids while you're at it. Looks like a decent deal.

Only issue I can think of is aesthetics, but I'm just lame like that :p (big plastic duct = so unfashionable in a dell sort of way)

Was actually hoping someone else would try it. Someone who wanted to put a dent in the supremacy WCing has over air. I noticed one enormous caveat of air cooling is it's tendency to reuse old heated air...

I'm happy with my WC system :p
 
CoW]8(0) said:
Was actually hoping someone else would try it. Someone who wanted to put a dent in the supremacy WCing has over air. I noticed one enormous caveat of air cooling is it's tendency to reuse old heated air...

I'm happy with my WC system :p
just out of curiosity, what WC system?

 
not a bad idea.....well remember to get sum good shots of the hyper 6 and post it in the thread in my sig ;)
 
Carnival Forces said:
just out of curiosity, what WC system?


At the moment, this system is running on a modified kingwin AWC-1 kit. It was the only thing I was able to take with me and the only thing I've had time to setup. I plan to change a few things once a vacation comes around :D

At the moment, I don't have the time or any real need to try this idea. I'm hoping someone will :rolleyes:
 
CoW]8(0) said:
At the moment, this system is running on a modified kingwin AWC-1 kit. It was the only thing I was able to take with me and the only thing I've had time to setup.:
I like the proposal of the first post...hella beats my stock HS/F I used to have, except mine would be simpler:

Ambient Air -> Case intake fan (front) -> Hyper 6 -> fan -> duct -> outside case

Also: I used to have the AWC-1 kit, but I had to repair the VGA block with epoxy, because they did shiatty welds on it (Will Shatner shiatty, it was that bad) . It worked for me back in the 478 days of my PC history.

/offtopic
//poor Will
///slashy-slashy
 
Back
Top