• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

A little problem

eosKronos

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
7
I recentley spent $466.00 on a gaming computer 8gb of ram AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1ghz, and it came with a 400w power supply, now I'm not expert on computers but I'm pretty sure if I spent $350 on a Asus GeForce GTX 570 that my powersupply wouldnt handle it. I'm starting to think that i just got ripped off. I'm hoping to play battlefield 3 on max with out buying more shit for my computer
 
The GTX 570 has a TDP of 219W, so it might barely work if the power supply has a single 12V rail.

A 6950 is probably a safer choice.
 
The GTX 570 has a TDP of 219W, so it might barely work if the power supply has a single 12V rail.

A 6950 is probably a safer choice.

yeah i was looking at the 6950, i really want a good gaming computer but it's always gotta be something that needs to be replaced and this and that
 
The GTX 570 has a TDP of 219W, so it might barely work if the power supply has a single 12V rail.

A 6950 is probably a safer choice.

oh yeah and also, i have an old computer with a 500w power supply, would that be better with a gtx 570?
 
I think Nvidia recommends at least a 550W PSU for the GTX 570. But the number of Watts is only one indicator. An aging cheap 500W PSU is not necessarily better than a new good-quality 400W PSU.

Both cards give you excellent 1920x1200 and good 2560x1600 gaming performance.
 
Back
Top