A little newb help, please.

KMac

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2012
I have been out of the loop for several years and am trying to catch up with F@H.
Of course, I jumped in head first and started reading these forums a bit later.

Anyway, I got my passkey on Oct. 1 and have returned 7 SMP units on my main rig. I am now folding my first bigadv project and currently at 7%.

My question is, did I need to return 10 SMP units associated with my passkey or 10 SMP units with my passkey and that Machine ID?

In other words, if I fire up another box or two, can I beat the requirement for 10 SMP units returned or am I SOL for the bonus?

It's just for the passkey in general. Fire up another box and crank out a few and you could beat the deadline. I'd throw three down for you but skynet is in pieces getting a hex upgrade
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I have been out of the loop for several years and am trying to catch up with F@H.
Of course, I jumped in head first and started reading these forums a bit later.

Anyway, I got my passkey on Oct. 1 and have returned 7 SMP units on my main rig. I am now folding my first bigadv project and currently at 7%.

My question is, did I need to return 10 SMP units associated with my passkey or 10 SMP units with my passkey and that Machine ID?

In other words, if I fire up another box or two, can I beat the requirement for 10 SMP units returned or am I SOL for the bonus?

Those 10 SMP units are for that passkey. Once your passkey has successfully finished 10+ SMP workunits with 80+% completion by the bonus deadline, you are set so long as your successful completion percentage doesn't drop below 80% in the future.

BTW, I recommend that you switch off bigadv until you are done with the 10 work unit requirement. This is because bigadv takes days to finish, and will only net you like 8900pts until you start earning a bonus on it. If you are running a Core i7, you will also need a significant overclock to make the deadlines in case you get a 2684. If you have other boxes, fire them up now to try to get to 10 total units before your bigadv finishes so you can get a bonus like Vaulter says.

Thanks for the quick replies. I am installing Windows on box number 5 and should have no problem getting 10 in before the bigadv completes...
Thanks again.

Back