a little help

Cereal Killer

Limp Gawd
I just updated my BIOS and in BIOS my CPU temp is detected as 33 degrees C
cputemp2.jpg

but in PC Wizard it's 40 degrees C, is it the new BIOS or because I have Cool and Quiet disabled when my temps were alot lower before.

software programs are never accurate, that said neither is the bios to a certain extent, but the bios is much closer than software. more than likely the software your running is reading it wrong, try reinstalling the software you use to read it

temps are gonna fluctuate some, but the program I take it worked prior to upgrading the bios? if so then I'd say the program isn't reading the new bios properly

well I downloaded the latest version of PC Wizard and the CPU temps aren't detected in there but BIOS says it is running close to 40, isn't that a little high for a Venice core 3000+ ? the fan also seems to be running slower.

that is quite high for a 3000, i use to have a 3500 on 33 degrees and now im on Athlon X2 4400+ and that at idle is around 37 degrees.

I would get that checked out, check your fans properly, check for any dust etc have you overclocked this? this could affect it.

you have nothing to worry about, 40* C is not a problem, even if the program is accurate.

still, 40 idle... That's pretty high. Even if it's not bad for the processor, it's bad for the epenis. You might wanna reseat that bad boy (HSF).

is it a new board and processor or did it just start after you updated the bios?

Back