A little help with a laptop

///AMG

2[H]4U
Hi guys, my cousin's laptop stopped booting the other day and he gave it to me to fix. At first I thought it was only the HDD since it wouldnt boot and I couldnt access it from my computer and when I ran some checks on the HDD it did indeed have some bad sectors.

But anyways he bought an SSD and I was trying to install windows and it kept saying that there is a missing driver so I went and swapped a different brand new installation disk same thing. I decided to use my bootable Windows 8 USB drive and installed it, went through and now Windows 8 cant find the new ssd.

I am thinking there is something wrong with sata controller because it seems the DVD drive doesnt read correctly and it cant find the ssd.

What do you guys think it is?

laptops can have more than one pci express hookup......i know mine has one in the middle hooked to the wireless adapter.....you could try hooking to say that adapter just to see if it reads the drive....and if it does you can pretty much rule the other one bad.....might be able to run so kind of riser cable to were the ssd hooks up if the one that typically hooks to the wifi adapter works.....he could always use a usb wireless adapter if that solves the issue......anyways that would be what i would try:)

Last edited:
Back