2x EKwb Supremacy Universal VGA blocks
1x Ekwb Supremacy Intel CPU block
1x XSPC EX 280 with two Swiftech Helix 140mm fans
1x CoolRad12T 120mm radiator with Corsair SP performance
1x Ek 140 Res / pump top
1x MCP355
1/2id 3/4od PrimoChill Advance LRT
FT03 Case
Ambient is around 74-80 F, 78-86 F during the summer.

I'm brutal at math, would this gear be enough to cool my system??

Yes, you've got enough cooling capacity in that loop. If you're going to use universal VGA blocks (I assume your cards have non-ref PCB's), then make sure you've got some good heatsinks to put on the VRM's.

I'd agree that you'll have enough capacity. However I wouldn't expect your setup to be "quiet". You'll probably have to run the fans full speed or close to it if you want to keep good temps.

Yeah I really cannot hear the 120SPs or the 140s except a whoosh of air.

The vga blocks are going on two MSI Power Edition 670, you can take Twin Frozr off and you get a nice heat spreader on everything except for the core. Good stuff!

This is my first loop since 08 I think. Surprised a little MCP355 can hustle all that.

Any suggestions on coolant flow?

I'd agree that you'll have enough capacity. However I wouldn't expect your setup to be "quiet". You'll probably have to run the fans full speed or close to it if you want to keep good temps.
I'm not so sure, and even if you're partially right, if its a gaming system then that rad capacity will be more than enough to deliver good temps with 2 670's + CPU without jacking up fans. You just run it at low and accept a little heat soak over time. Max temps might rise 5-6C over the course of a gaming session, but they'll still be so much lower than air cooling there likely won't be any functional difference. If this is something like a F@H rig where its running 100% 24/7, then fan speeds might have to rise

Still, Thats 3x140 + 120mm of radiator space, which is quite a lot... and hes not even cooling VRM's on his GPU's. I have less capacity and more heat and don't really have a problem running fans at significantly less than full speed.

I think his setup lists 2 radiators. (1 280 rad and 1 120 rad for a 2X140 + 1X120 setup). Your right about the vrms though on the cards, not cooling them will centainly keep the gpus/cpu cooler(forgot he's not using fullcover. I was just thinking of my old WC setup for comparison. I was cooling my 3930k @ 4.5 along with my Radeon 6990 fullcover block. I had a BI GTX 480 rad with 38mm fans in pull on top of my 800D. Did some top modding and turned the 360 top into a 480. I had them on a fan controller, but they were never "quiet". P95 temps would be 64C hottest core after a few hours using 12 threads and hotter gpu core of the two would hover 49-53 max. Before WC, same card would reach 95C :eek:

I've got one of these exact cards and I'm not so sure the vrm plate will be able to cool the VRM's passively. I've got a couple options here for sinks but I'm not sure the plate will handle them without a fan actively blowing over it, kind of defeating the purpose of taking those somewhat loud fans out of the equation. I've not tested it though, I'm still not had a chance to take the loop apart since i got the card a month ago. Been too busy with life and bf4.

Otherwise I think you'll have sufficient capacity to cool the components. When gaming your cpu is usually not at 100% so it won't be dumping heat like the 2 670's will. I think you'll be fine.

There will be good air flow from beneath. I've since put aio coolers on both cards to see how hot they got on the card, after 4 hours of Unigene Heaven, it was still solid.

Now I have to decide what kind of liquid to use. I heard EK has nickel issues.

Distilled water + kill coil.

Agreed 110%, otherwise you run an increased risk of clogging up your loop and wasting that money on coolant. I've seen countless threads about clogged blocks due to non distilled coolants. distilled is super cheap too.

Only crazy part is that the radiator is going to be mounted upside down. The ports are near the bottom. I figure when I fill it, I'll have to rotate the whole machine to bleed air.

Only crazy part is that the radiator is going to be mounted upside down. The ports are near the bottom. I figure when I fill it, I'll have to rotate the whole machine to bleed air.

I had a top mounted rad in my last machine, it does take longer to bleed but tilting it back and forth a couple times usually gets the biggest bubbles out in a few minutes.

Proper amounts of flow, as well as the heating of water will eventually push all the water out.

Obligatory photo. Testing the loop. Still need the bridge for my SLI setup.
1510624_10201272286991376_1394090539_n.jpg

Everything under load ends up being arounf 50-54c. The GPUs and the CPU are the same temp. CPU is at 4.4ghz stable.

Back