A little confused here.

xLokiX

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to setup a secondary network in my home network. The secondary network needs internet access, but I want it isolated from the primary network, i.e: the computers connected to the secondary network can't see the primary network. This is how I have it set up.

Internet>>modem>>router 1>>wifi>>pc with wifi card and 2 NICs>>wired>>router 2>>network 2.

I want the pc that is sharing its connection to be able to access the primary network, but the connection it provides to the secondary router would only have internet access, and no access to the primary network, at all. If the primary network can see the secondary that is fine. How would I go about configuring this?

I'm trying to setup a secondary network in my home network. The secondary network needs internet access, but I want it isolated from the primary network, i.e: the computers connected to the secondary network can't see the primary network. This is how I have it set up.

Internet>>modem>>router 1>>wifi>>pc with wifi card and 2 NICs>>wired>>router 2>>network 2.

I want the pc that is sharing its connection to be able to access the primary network, but the connection it provides to the secondary router would only have internet access, and no access to the primary network, at all. If the primary network can see the secondary that is fine. How would I go about configuring this?

why are you doing it this way ? this looks harder than it needs to be.

why not IInternet>>modem>>router 1>>wifi>>pc then add ( other ) wired router off the other router..

Yeah, if you want a wireless network that is more "public", and a wired network that is isolated from that one, just plug the WAN port on a wired router into any of the ports 1-4 on a wireless router, and the firewall in the wired router will separate that network from the other one.

Then just make sure they are in different IP ranges. for example, wired, 192.168.1.x, wireless 192.168.0.x

I probably should have been more clear in my initial post. The other router is on the other side of the house, and it has to stay there. I could just flip my secondary router to client bridge, but i want all traffic on the second lan to be filtered through the pc with the shared connection.

I probably should have been more clear in my initial post. The other router is on the other side of the house, and it has to stay there. I could just flip my secondary router to client bridge, but i want all traffic on the second lan to be filtered through the pc with the shared connection.

buy a power line adapter kit, well worth it, and alot easier than what you are trying to do..

Back