Ok, this may take a minute, but I need to sort out all of the facts before I go and drop a bunch of money on something I might not like. Anyway, It's time for me to finalluy buy a new Television fo rthe living area of the house and of course with all of the choices out there it's not as cut and dray as I thought it would be.
I've been looking at a few sets for a while now but still not really clear on what I should get, but I have narrowed it down to a few. Firts I'll give you the type of TV I've been looking at and then I'll show you the ones I like so far.
Ok right now it's a toss up between 3 types, Plasma EDTV (Enhanced Definition Televison), LCD or LCD Rear Projection.
The main thing is that I'm going to be watching alot of movies and TV on this set. No gaming or anything like that. I just wanna make for dam sure that the set I get will recieve an HD signal from Comcast. From what I can gather so far, all of the ones I've been looking at so far will do that. Ok, here they are.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1644508&Tab=2&NoMapp=0
The resolution is kinda low on this set, but it's Plasma, 42" and will recieve a HD signal, and the price is excellent.
Here's the rear projection LCD I'm leaning towards. It's 44" and the thing is HDTV ready and has the option of having a Cable card installed. Meaning you wont need a cable box hooked up to it. Here it is:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&itemId=93383&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702&surfModel=PT-44LCX65&catGroupId=24976&surfCategory=LCD%20Projection%20TVs&displayTab=S
The other sweet things about this display is that it's only 14" deep and way lighter that a normal CRT TV. It has a huge picture and the price is really good when gettting it from Curcuitcity.com $1,299.00.
And here's the LCD TV.
http://www.magnavox.com/index.cfm?event=main&cat_id=1&subcat_id=3&product=63#
The only drawback from this is that it's only 32". I really would like 40" or better. But, it IS a LCD, meaning it's the slimest of all of the sets and will go anywhere. It has the highest resolution of all three that I'm looking at and I could use it as a monitor if I needed to.
So after looking at all of these, I need some help deciding. Please give me some info if you are savy in the realm of TV's. Thanks.
I've been looking at a few sets for a while now but still not really clear on what I should get, but I have narrowed it down to a few. Firts I'll give you the type of TV I've been looking at and then I'll show you the ones I like so far.
Ok right now it's a toss up between 3 types, Plasma EDTV (Enhanced Definition Televison), LCD or LCD Rear Projection.
The main thing is that I'm going to be watching alot of movies and TV on this set. No gaming or anything like that. I just wanna make for dam sure that the set I get will recieve an HD signal from Comcast. From what I can gather so far, all of the ones I've been looking at so far will do that. Ok, here they are.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1644508&Tab=2&NoMapp=0
The resolution is kinda low on this set, but it's Plasma, 42" and will recieve a HD signal, and the price is excellent.
Here's the rear projection LCD I'm leaning towards. It's 44" and the thing is HDTV ready and has the option of having a Cable card installed. Meaning you wont need a cable box hooked up to it. Here it is:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&itemId=93383&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702&surfModel=PT-44LCX65&catGroupId=24976&surfCategory=LCD%20Projection%20TVs&displayTab=S
The other sweet things about this display is that it's only 14" deep and way lighter that a normal CRT TV. It has a huge picture and the price is really good when gettting it from Curcuitcity.com $1,299.00.
And here's the LCD TV.
http://www.magnavox.com/index.cfm?event=main&cat_id=1&subcat_id=3&product=63#
The only drawback from this is that it's only 32". I really would like 40" or better. But, it IS a LCD, meaning it's the slimest of all of the sets and will go anywhere. It has the highest resolution of all three that I'm looking at and I could use it as a monitor if I needed to.
So after looking at all of these, I need some help deciding. Please give me some info if you are savy in the realm of TV's. Thanks.