• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A Liquid Cooled NES? (Challange?)

Cube

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
1,117
OK I remember seeing the Liquid cooled XBOX (http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjYz)

here on Hard sometime back and that got me thinking.

Why has not anybody tried to Liquid cool something old...? Like a NES? Not because it needs it... But because you can! (Although my NES gets hot.) When somebody goes on about there 20ghz overclocked nitrogen cooled PC you could look them straight in the eye and say, "I have a liquid cooled NES! And they will be stupefied!

The crazy stuff people do with old yardsell NES and I have seen no Liquid cooled nes.. There is some built our of legos.

If I had any Extra water blocks and stuff laying around and money I would be all over trying to this and just might someday....

Anybody else want to try and post pictures? You get extra points for overclocking your NES. Yes this is a crazy request!

(Or even a liquid cooled SNES GENISIS Turbo grafix 16 Or the ultimate challenge a Liquid cooled old-fashioned brick sized GAME BOY!!!)
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
 
You could prolly just epoxy a maze 1 or something to it and with a 80mm rad and it'd be "jim dandy" LOL
 
I don't see a point in something like this, most of the problems on the NES are fixed by replacing the few parts that do wear out...


The Nintendo Entertainment System a whole 1.79 Mhz of pure POWER!
 
Now you're playing with power. :rolleyes:

I think it would be funny, but then if you cool the nes you're gonna wanna cool the rom chips in the cartridge, and even with quick disconnects it would be costly and a huge hassle when switching from a heated game of Rad Racer to Bionic Commando. :) :p
 
There is no point that is the point It is not because your NES has problems It is because you want a NES as an overkill beast of 80's tech.

I would like to see a liquid cooled laptop too.

I have a small Extra GPU water block for the CPU that I never used, I just need a cheep all in pump unit to sit on the outside.and long shaped blocks to fit the NES large 80's sized ram.

And of course I may just have to add LED lights and UV lighting and all the standard case mods to the NES It will be quite costly so I am saving extra parts in between eating collage meals to live I save nickles, so it is worth the money!

Once this project is done

I may try my hand at liquid cooling my old schools "Apple 2 or a intel 486 machine. then deck it out with lights."
 
Back
Top