signmeuptoo
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Jul 4, 2007
- Messages
- 67
Creative has finally pulled the final insult, it's the last straw and there is a firestorm brewing with posts adding up into the thousands over it.
We all know that Creative has done a pathetic job with not coming out with drivers or software that is anywhere close to comensurate with the price of their sound cards! Well, there was this nice fellow, a Danial, who had been contributing and calming people down by offering his own drivers/software to help all the beleagured Vista OS Creative Labs Sound Card owners.
Creative just sent him a cease and desisit order, when it WAS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST TO LET HIM KEEP DISTRIBUTING THIS FREE FIX!!!
Now this is getting all over the web, and the posts are pouring in like wildfire.
I am banned over there for telling the truth about how, a couple years ago, Creative tech support literally refused to honor a warranty on a USB sound card!
It seems that this could be the beginning of the end for Creative, and it is sad. I am not one to spite them, but they have treated me like an animal.
Here is the latest thread on this firestorm:
http://forums.creative.com/creative...hread.id=116332&view=by_date_ascending&page=1
There is about 120 pages of this as I write this, and it keeps growing fast. Thousands are now saying that they won't buy any Creative stuff, and NEWEGG has evidently sent them a letter saying that they will stop selling such products of theirs, I don't know if it is true, but you can see it around page 117...
We all know that Creative has done a pathetic job with not coming out with drivers or software that is anywhere close to comensurate with the price of their sound cards! Well, there was this nice fellow, a Danial, who had been contributing and calming people down by offering his own drivers/software to help all the beleagured Vista OS Creative Labs Sound Card owners.
Creative just sent him a cease and desisit order, when it WAS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST TO LET HIM KEEP DISTRIBUTING THIS FREE FIX!!!
Now this is getting all over the web, and the posts are pouring in like wildfire.
I am banned over there for telling the truth about how, a couple years ago, Creative tech support literally refused to honor a warranty on a USB sound card!
It seems that this could be the beginning of the end for Creative, and it is sad. I am not one to spite them, but they have treated me like an animal.
Here is the latest thread on this firestorm:
http://forums.creative.com/creative...hread.id=116332&view=by_date_ascending&page=1
There is about 120 pages of this as I write this, and it keeps growing fast. Thousands are now saying that they won't buy any Creative stuff, and NEWEGG has evidently sent them a letter saying that they will stop selling such products of theirs, I don't know if it is true, but you can see it around page 117...