A good VNC program?

bigdaddy

[H]Lite
I guess everyone say that MSRDP is DA BEST!
So can U tell me what must I do to install it on Win2kSP4 and WinXP SP1?

Thanks for all the great suggestions that have popped up here and there. I bookmarked everything and will come back later and see what pans out.

The open source RDC client that can be compiled seems like a likely candidate.

Originally posted by bigdaddy
I guess everyone say that MSRDP is DA BEST!
So can U tell me what must I do to install it on Win2kSP4 and WinXP SP1?

It's already on WinXP, it's called remote desktop.

add another vote for RealVNC :D

allows copy + paste, I know it for a fact cause at work I cannot view some webpages, so I do them from home, and copy and paste the address :)

Originally posted by Blitzrommel
RealVNC supports Copy/Paste. I've done it millions of times!

But comparing to Remote Administrator its sooo slooooow.
I mean I has like 1-2sec LAG for me

Is ti possible to set up remote desktop on Win2k SP4 as host or is that only possible on WinXP?

I like Remote Desktop but I wish it had a view only mode like RAdmin. I often use a remote connection to follow users or to guide them through stuff over the phone.

RD only allows you to take full control.

Originally posted by bigdaddy
Is ti possible to set up remote desktop on Win2k SP4 as host or is that only possible on WinXP?
only the server edtions of win2k have terminal services (like remote desktop). you'll need to use vnc or radmin for win2k pro

But they are both so slow! Remote Admin is faster than VNC but doesn't allow copy or paste..

Originally posted by SKiTLz
I like Remote Desktop but I wish it had a view only mode like RAdmin. I often use a remote connection to follow users or to guide them through stuff over the phone.

RD only allows you to take full control.

You should trying using XPs built in Remote Assistance. It works pretty decently for stuff like this, and you easily switch be who is controlling the computer.

I've only used it a couple of times, but it seems to work pretty good.

Back