a good temperature?

chr|stoph

Weaksauce
what it is a good temperature for a zalman copper blossom'd processor to be running at. for some reason my p4 3.0c @ 3.3 sounds kinda hot at 95 f. should i be worried?

i just need a general bases of comp temperatures.
thanks

first off, around here, temps are NORMALLY reported in Celcius...

second, your comp isn't hot at all (what is your room temp and case temp, and what kind of airflow do you have in your case?)

but here ya go, and i'll give em in F since thats what you origianlly reported (this is, of course, with ambient at 65F and case at about 68F)

170F=extremely hot about ready to blow up too)

150F=you should get some better cooling

130F=a little warm, but nothing to worry about (but only if this is your load temp, if your idleing at this, you got probs)

110F=Ok, but not great

100F=not bad

90F=good

80F=great

70F=amazing

That's 35C* so you are in good shape. As kllrnohj said, it's depends on your ambient of both your room and the inside temp of the case. In general, if you maintain a 12-15C* variance between the ambient and reported CPU temp, you are good to go.....unless your amnbient is extremely high, then you may have a problem.....

yea my ambient is about 75 so she is running at 95 full load at 3.6 right now (3dm 03 in progress).

thanks a lot!

Originally posted by chr|stoph
yea my ambient is about 75 so she is running at 95 full load at 3.6 right now (3dm 03 in progress).

thanks a lot!

*cough, celcius, cough* (this isn't just americans around here, tho, i am one, hehe)

hmm.. i have a ZALMAN A-ALCU cooler and my comp runs about 93 F ideally or about 32 C and at full stress about 140 F or about
55 or 56 C. When you said your comp runs at 95 F did you mean idle? sorry i didnt understand

I have a stock 3.2 C Ghz

Back