A good socket 939 chip to overclock?

Z

Zinn

Guest
Hi... I'm looking for a 939 chip in the < $275 range that's good for overclocking. Should I go with a 3500, or a 3400. I noticed the clock speeds on the 3400 are higher... not exactly sure where to start.

I figure I have a few days before this craptastic ECS 915 board gives up once and for all...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
 
The thing here is the 3500 are s939 and the 3400 are s754 and if you are going togo with the s939 you shouldnt waist your money buy a 3000 and OC it like umm MAD????

-incomudro
 
DaMiEn said:
I've heard tht the 3500s are generally very good overclockers
I'll take your word for it. Just ordered one now :D
Plus a DFI Lanpart NF4 Ultra
 
fx-55 pwns all ;)
(though it's too expensive)

the 3500+ is a wise choice. good luck with it
here's a database with some winchesters. i don't have much data on the 3500+ add it when you're finished with your oc setup? :D
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
the 3500+ is a wise choice. good luck with it
here's a database with some winchesters. i don't have much data on the 3500+ add it when you're finished with your oc setup? :D

notice how almost all of the good O/Cing chips are the ones that were made in last year (2004).

in other words, your odds in finding an "04" chip arent too great thus you probably wont get a good O/Cer for a chip.

been there and done that with my recent AMD A64 venture which was nothing but a PITA.

I've since then came back to the P4 side where things are simple and O/Cing results are much more consistant.

oh well, to each their own I guess.
 
Back
Top