A Good Practical Case

I'm looking for a case in the $100-150US (or less) range .

I don't care if its quiet, but I'd rather not have a jet engine. I hate LEDs, I sleep in the same room and don't need a nightlight anymore, but I'm not completely against swapping out fans if the case is still good.

I currently have an "original" Antec P180... but I'm looking either for a new case for my wife (who is getting all my old parts which are currently installed in the P180) or for myself... You can understand that since my P180 has dozens of bloodstains from the original install... I'm not the most keen on taking everything out and putting new stuff in... It'd be easier just to remove the harddrives and put hers in.

So a new case...

What can you reccomend?

I looked at the Coolermaster RC-690, but I can't find it available anywhere in germany. The Antec 900 looked promising, but I read that it was a beast for cable management... nothing a little ducttape couldn't fix though, or? As far as dust... women's pantyhose make good cheap dust filters.

Fire away and I'll see if i can find it!

Thanks a bunch!

LianLi (any case)
Antec 900
Antec Sonata
Thermaltake Soprano Tsunami or Swing
Coolermaster 690

Any name brand case, if I had to chose based on what you're looking for I'd say LianLi, amazing cases.

Lian Li A05 - I can't find much info on this case, why should I take it over say an Antec P182?

LianLi (any case) - Any specific models and reasoning behind them?

Antec 900 - I looked at the P182, it's 15 bucks more and I like it better (looks wise and setup wise).

"Antec Sonata and Thermaltake Soprano Tsunami or Swing" - don't do much for me.

"Coolermaster 690" - Not for sale in Europe (at least not yet).

I'm leaning towards the P182, it's not overly expensive as long as I avoid the shiny chrome one, and it fixes most of my beefs with the original P180.

Further questions/comments?

I have the P182 and love it! Has the built in sound-deadening so it's very quiet.

Only gripe I have is I wish they had relocated the fan controller switches to the front of the case for easy access.

It's so much better than the any crap Lian-Li is offering.

I have the P182 and love it! Has the built in sound-deadening so it's very quiet.

Lian Li.... is... crap?

DSC_0007resize-4.jpg

You have to be f*cking kidding me.... P182 v. ANY Lian Li -- no contest.

I used to run the P180 in my last build, and I laughed in agreement when I read your comment about the bloodstains from installation :D

I did however like the setup very much, and because the P182 allows for vastly better cable management it will end up as my case of choice for my new build. I think the P182 represents an excellent value proposition.

Lian-li no doubt makes excellent quality cases, but they are awfully expensive, and I haven't found one that I like the look of.

Too much effort for my tastes. I like to play. :p

P182 pretty much works great out of the box.. only thing I'd want to see would be a side-panel fan for the videocard and/or RAM.

Only gripe I have is I wish they had relocated the fan controller switches to the front of the case for easy access.

Kinda like saying,"I love my Chevy Cobalt, It's so much better than that crap Lamborghini is offering"

Back