• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

A Good Guide for EAC and FLAC

Luthorcrow

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
1,241
Hi, Goggle/Search on these forum has found what I am looking for. Does anyone have a good link to a guide for using EAC to FLAC.
 
Damn. I need to include thaat compendium of commandline switches in the FAQ. That's golden. I guess I also need to to revise BO(V)BZ's writup. Someone actually did ask the question. Perhaps I'll include it in an appendix: Should Be Asked Questions. :)
 
Thanks everyone that was very helpful.

I haven't tried the single disc to one file thing yet but I did notice something odd on the rip I did do. I used the command line for FLAC listed on the link

-T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

But the ripped files only have have track name and not the other info, artist, album, etc. Is that normal?

It was cool to final compare lossless to MP3 track to track back to back. Big difference.
 
GodsMadClown said:
Damn. I need to include thaat compendium of commandline switches in the FAQ. That's golden. I guess I also need to to revise BO(V)BZ's writup. Someone actually did ask the question. Perhaps I'll include it in an appendix: Should Be Asked Questions. :)


I'll revise it myself, damnit =]

I've actually stopped doing the Matroska images myself, due to the extra overhead required for it. However, you can configure FLACattack to produce FLAC images, giving you faster tag writing/reading, but you lose the ability to store tags for each song, so I'm just back to using individual files. It's just a damn shame that the internal cue in FLAC files is castrated so badly that it won't let you store extraneous info... all it keeps is artist, album, and track number IIRC.
 
Back
Top