• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A good cheap DTS/DD reciever

that is 5.1 receiver, you can only find DD-EX and DTS-ES on 6.1 or 7.1 receivers
 
Check out the panasonic XR-55 it's the best receiver in it's class IMO. Way better than Onkyo and up there with $1000+ recievers because its 100% digital.
 
Being 'digital' does not make something better.

100% digital is also misleading. Everything is turned to analog before it is sent to the speaker. DAC's, even by their name, turn digital to analong.

The best amps I have ever heard are classic tube amps from companies like Dynaco and McIntosh.
 
himmy said:
The best amps I have ever heard are classic tube amps...

I totally agree! Even with guitar amps, put a solidstate one next to a tube amp, and you'll hear the difference!!!
 
himmy said:
Being 'digital' does not make something better.

100% digital is also misleading. Everything is turned to analog before it is sent to the speaker. DAC's, even by their name, turn digital to analong.

The best amps I have ever heard are classic tube amps from companies like Dynaco and McIntosh.


For it's price range it does. I won't go into all the details of why it's better than classic amps in the same price catagory and even higher, especially tube amps (He wanted a cheap amp not a $10,000 McIntosh.)

HK was my first choice but I am 110% satisfied with this panasonic and wouldn't trade it for a $1000 HK (aside from it's aethetics, though it is small..)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=530504 They explain the details much better than I could. The receiver has no DAC's it's purely digital so the only conversion to analog is to the speakers themselves.
 
Back
Top