A good buy?

frtl97

Limp Gawd
I am thinking about buying the asrock Z68gen3 mobo, what are your opinions as i
promissed one of the younger guys at work i would sell him my mobo and cpu
for 150.00 he's extermely excited so i need to know if this is the board to go with as i
need to move quickly.

your selling the parts from your sig? if so thats a giveaway.....the z68 asrock looks to be a fine board but now you need a cpu and ram....are you really going to see a much faster computer for what you use it for by upgrading...gonna cost you a bundle to upgrade and what you have is a very stout system.you will have no noticeable real world difference and only see the difference in benches...
granted if you just want the latest thing out and have the money to splerge then go for it but in reality youll gain nothing but bragging rights...

I just upped from an i7 920 to a 2600k and I feel the difference clear to my toes. Just sayin.

OP, I don't like ASRock, so my vote would be no. I have no valid data to base that on. I just don't like 'em.

I just upped from an i7 920 to a 2600k and I feel the difference clear to my toes. Just sayin.

same here in normal operations, however if you render/encode/batch/etc... YOU WILL Even MOre.. :)

I couldn't believe the performance improvement from 920 to 2600k, I was thinking to myself before I upgraded... how can it be faster?

Boy I was in for a surprise... Pleasant one...

well i'm getting a slight upgrade , but a freind who wants a gaming rig but can't afford one
is getting one, never saw anyone so excited.

Back