A good alternative to itunes? (for my ipod)

MuNkY

Supreme [H]ardness
I like itunes, its easy to use and simple BUT Itunes somehow isnt catching ALL of my music in my music folder, and when i say not catching all, i mean almost HALF (like 4000 songs) is missing on the ipod. I open up the same folder in winamp, and it shows all of them(right around 8,000 songs). Is this something i did in the settings of itunes? if not, what is a good alternative to put music onto my ipod. Any help would be appreciated.

What format are the songs that aren't imported in? Can you drag the songs to your library?

The newest version of Winamp has iPod support built-in (lite doesn't work, I believe). There's Anapod and Ephpod, which was already recommended above, Yamipod, foobar2000 and foo_dop, and countless others.

Almost all of the songs are in .mp3. a select few are in .ogg and .wmv (probly like 100 or so songs, maybe) so i know thats not the problem.. i tried dragging them, they show up in itunes when i drag them folder by folder but they wont transfer to the ipod. no error messages or anything.. its kinda wierd. ill try some of this other stuff thanks guys.

iTunes can be bitchy about moving too many files around at once. Try reducing the number of songs you're moving at one time.

Back