A gig over 512

FrozenOver2

Limp Gawd
I just got 1 gig of dual channel Geil @ PC 4000 or DDR500. And then my watercooling pump broke so i had to change back to air cooling. So i cant even tell how far my 2500xp will go. I got it up to 2400mhz with DDR333 but it would crash due to ram errors so i am hoping that when everything is back up i will be able to hit 2500mhz with this comp. What do u guys think. I think I did a little over kill on this ram as far as speed is concerned but if i upgrade to the next generation AMD I should be able to carry this over as long as DDR2 isnt out then. I got to say its a hell of alot faster than my 512 mb of pc2700 though

Thats perfectly good ram, save for the loose timings, but yes, you should be able to carry over, as AMD doesnt plan on going the DDR2 route anytime soon.

good then I think i made a smart investment lol, even though anything computer related usally isnt a good investment. Atleast I will be able to carry it over i mean hell i am not even going to get close to PC500 on a nf2 board

BTW the hook up on PC500 is at fry's or outpost.com I got it for 50 bucks cheaper than newegg at frys renton,wa store

Dude, thats dual channel too. It runs alot faster then your stuff and i'm sure it OCs better too. All you need for dual channel is 2 sticks of ram.

at 200 bucks more than what I paid for my PC4000 I dont think there would be any need to have this ram especially considering I run 2.5-3-3-7 @ about 500mhz. And you need to identical sticks to run dual channel effectivly. It is slightly faster though I will give that but 50mhz does equate to another 200 bucks for me. Hell for the price of that ram i could get a samsung 17inch lcd with a 12m/s response time.

Back