A free video card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cnick79 said:
I remember when I was at best buying looking at video cards I told the guy working there I'm looking for a graphics card to play games and asked him to see the ATI 9800. He then said, "Here this one is much better and can handle any game out there" and handed me the 6800 Ultra. I took the 6800 Ultra and ran out the door without having to pay for it! I got into my car which was suppose to be a Kia but my friend sold me a Porshe. I sped away and on my way home I stopped at a nearby McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac. When I opened the bag I saw the kid working there gave me 10 double cheeseburgers. I chuckled and laughed and yelled "oh glorious day" as I made my way home. After pulling into the driveway and walking inside, my parents told me I really wasn't their son, infact the nurse at the hospital gave my parents the wrong child.

Ok, my vote for GREATEST DAY EVER.

cnick79 said:
I remember when I was at best buying looking at video cards I told the guy working there I'm looking for a graphics card to play games and asked him to see the ATI 9800. He then said, "Here this one is much better and can handle any game out there" and handed me the 6800 Ultra. I took the 6800 Ultra and ran out the door without having to pay for it! I got into my car which was suppose to be a Kia but my friend sold me a Porshe. I sped away and on my way home I stopped at a nearby McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac. When I opened the bag I saw the kid working there gave me 10 double cheeseburgers. I chuckled and laughed and yelled "oh glorious day" as I made my way home. After pulling into the driveway and walking inside, my parents told me I really wasn't their son, infact the nurse at the hospital gave my parents the wrong child.

Stop it... Stop it... I can't see i'm crying from LOL so much!
LMAO
:D

So the moral of the story is that you pretend to be this guys friend.
Secretly you pulled a Homer and wished for his leftorium to go out of bussiness.
Then your "Friend" being an idiot gave you a $300 card by mistake and you LOL at him!

You are going to hell. :)

But at least this tread has spawned some very funny posts! :D

Majin said:
You are going to hell. :)

Or, as this guys luck would have it, he would be sentenced to eternal damnation but end up living in bliss or as Bill Gate's son.

heh, give me a break people........
As soon as i get a hold of my digital cam i will post those pics.

ok... stupid question here, but why is everyone waiting for pics? I can get a cardboard OEM box, write 440MX on it with a sharpie and put a 6800GT that I bought inside it. Having pics does nothing to validate this story unless I'm missing something.

air2k5 said:
heh, give me a break people........
As soon as i get a hold of my digital cam i will post those pics.

Here, I'll provide proof for you:

If your looking for that "webcam/camera phone" look (and the "OMGIGODZ SoRRI ME CAM SUX ASS"), then:

I am going to be really dissappointed if it's an MX420 with 6800GT written on it with a black sharpie. heh j/k :D

I still want to know how you're "friend" didnt know it was a 6800 in the box :eek:
Dont the boxes normally have "6800GT" printed on the side?

hey computer 'noobs' dont know much...i know a lot of people who wouldnt know the difference between the 2 cards

Unknown-One said:
I still want to know how you're "friend" didnt know it was a 6800 in the box :eek:
Dont the boxes normally have "6800GT" printed on the side?
well it wasnt sealed, he said he took out the card off one of his display pcs that was "very outdated".

very outdated?

this (6800 anything) card is not very outdated.

Even if it wasn't sealed, don't the cards themselves say "GeForce 6 Series" on them. (See above pics.) Even if he was a noob, how could he have mistaken that for an MX420

LOLZ LOOK GUYS!!!!!! MY FREND WAS CLSOING HIS STOER AND HE GAVE ME A CARDBORD BOX THAT HAD RAYDEON 7500 WRITEN ONIT. I OPENED IT UP AND IT WAS REELY A HUMAN HED!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

IMG_0355.JPG

Sorry, but the more I read this thread, the more it sounds like BS.

Yes, I have green walls. What you gon' do about it? :D

HOCP4ME said:
Even if it wasn't sealed, don't the cards themselves say "GeForce 6 Series" on them. (See above pics.) Even if he was a noob, how could he have mistaken that for an MX420
i know that, i do not know how he didnt know that

You gunna update that signature of yours anytime soon? Or did you not like the 6800gt?

NickN said:
LOLZ LOOK GUYS!!!!!! MY FREND WAS CLSOING HIS STOER AND HE GAVE ME A CARDBORD BOX THAT HAD RAYDEON 7500 WRITEN ONIT. I OPENED IT UP AND IT WAS REELY A HUMAN HED!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

IMG_0355.JPG

Hahaha

chambersc said:
i think your friend woulda noticed a 6800 on the side of the heatsink
I think that little bit of the "story" is meant to be as a surprise, as if his freind did it on purpose, not by accident to surprise him. And I put quotations around the word story because I don't belive it.

air2k5 said:
well i liek ati more, fuck nvidia im going to sell it
I'll buy it... those things are worth almost $180.. but since yours is obviously used I'll give you $130. Rush delivery available?

NickN said:

IMG_0355.JPG

AHAHHAHAHAHA LOL great pic :p lol this thread has me crackin up

if i do not sell it in next few days here, i will pm you and get those pics

I have a robot that gets pregnant twice a year and gives birth to the latest video card from his steel vagina.

Zinn said:
I'll buy it... those things are worth almost $180.. but since yours is obviously used I'll give you $130. Rush delivery available?

Be careful he doesn't sell you a 6800 box with a geforce 4 inside.

air2k5 said:
couple months back this guy i knew opened a computer store, ironically he doesn't know much about PC's. Today I get a call from him, he says that he is closing his store down, and he offerend me to come buy, he said he had something for me. Well, ok, i got there and after talking with him for a little he gives me a box labeled: "Geforce 4 mx420 PCI 32mb". He said its an old card and he needs to get rid of it, well i took it. On my way home i opened a box and i see that the card is AGP and its way too big to be an MX, heatsink was huge also. So, i come home put it in my box, load up, and whoa......a 6800GT 256mb, i almoust fell off my chair, how you like that he gave me 6800gt :)
Look everyone, very simple:

DO NOT ASSUME!!! :eek:

Maybe the guy who owned the shop knew FULL WELL that it was a 6800GT but just used an old Geforce4 box he had lying around.

From what we've been told, these guys were friends and the shop owner probably knew this guy would really appreciate a good graphics card which he now has no financial need for (assuming he didn't have to liquidate the store/assets and merely closed the shop at a loss).

If the guy actually thought the card was a geforce4 well then, yeah, whata spaz (obviously)...

Captain Rehab said:
You should give the card back or give him the money.

With freinds like you, who needs enemies? ;)

Exactly what I was thinking on page 1,

but then I thought about it.... and thought I'd probably do the same thing. :eek:

cnick79 said:
Be careful he doesn't sell you a 6800 box with a geforce 4 inside.

Some where (probably in another forum) there's a pissed off customer complaining that he got ripped off!!! LOL

By the time he got the box home/shipped/opened and realized there was only a Gf4mx card in the box he paid $350 for, the store had already closed & went out of business!!

Congrats on the free card :) , but this is turning into a flame fest/

Thread Closed/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back