A Flat-Earther’s Plan to Launch Himself in a Homemade Rocket Just Hit a Speed Bump

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Megalith, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Fuzzy_3D

Fuzzy_3D Limp Gawd

I think it's hilarious that these flat earthers are able to troll just about everyone, even the wizkids on HOCP :ROFLMAO:

Wrecked Em likes this.
  2. viper1152012

viper1152012 [H]ard|Gawd

He's going to be a flat earthling if he keeps this up

Armenius, AceGoober and Archaea like this.
  3. Elios

Elios [H]ardness Supreme

geodesics says no.

AceGoober likes this.
  4. bugleyman

bugleyman [H]ard|Gawd

He can't (and conveniently, preemptively admitted as much by saying he wouldn't try). Which is probably for the best, as I doubt that conversation would be appreciated in any event. :p

5. bugleyman

bugleyman [H]ard|Gawd

Yes, yes it would. But even basic Newtonian physics eludes these genuises.

Armenius likes this.
  6. THRESHIN

THRESHIN 2[H]4U

Part of me wants him to off himself to rid the world of some stupidity, but the other part of me knows you're right...we don't need a flat earther martyr

7. Spidey329

Spidey329 [H]ardForum Junkie

Say he succeeded, he's going to take a still photo and claim "see, it is a flat disc!"

Completely ignoring the moving continents.

8. termite

termite [H]ardness Supreme

What a tool. Of all the ridiculous bullshit to believe in flat earth is probably the most ass backwards.

Armenius and Krenum like this.
  9. Dekoth-E-

Dekoth-E- [H]ardness Supreme

He edited the post after I quoted him, knowing full well he had no real argument. My quote of him was the only thing he had written at the time. I like how he claims my post is incendiary (it isn't), yet he goes back and edits in further nonsense to avoid responding directly hoping I wouldn't see it and or that it would somehow validate his position. Honestly it just further reinforces what I said in my original point.

10. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Maybe this guy should just buy a plane ticket and get a window seat. It would save time & face. What a fruitcake.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  11. Krazy925

Krazy925 2[H]4U

That’s pretty much how religion works.

So makes sense.

Armenius and mysticdrew like this.
  12. aShrubbery!

aShrubbery! Gawd

I usually don't do this.... But this guy deserves a beating just for being that stupid.

13. gxp500

gxp500 Gawd

Don't worry, he'll be beaten into the ground on his way back when his hand sewn parachute fails.

14. 4saken

4saken [H]ardForum Junkie

More truth to this than most think. Rumor has it this guy isn't a Flat Earther. He is just using their ignorance to fund his projects. Hell if they are going for it, more power to him.

15. aShrubbery!

aShrubbery! Gawd

I hope they get HD footage of the whole 'scientific' experiment.
    We need a good laugh!

16. aShrubbery!

aShrubbery! Gawd

Crowdsource the whole project, and build one large enough that can have a large crowd of flat earthers experience it from within.

17. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

The part that makes no sense of these guys is what about all the folks working in the Space/SATCOM industry? Are you telling me all of us are paid off by government to not reveal the 'truth'. It's idiotic.

Shit, I wish the Earth was flat - Imagine how much cheaper communications would be since we could just do a microwave shot everywhere instead of needing the height of space to get around the curve.

Armenius and Derangel like this.
  18. IcePickFreak

IcePickFreak [H]ard|Gawd

I gotta imagine he was just in it for "research" money and he's disappearing before the next scheduled date. Or hell, maybe he just wants to go out in a ball of flames.

What is he going to see that a balloon and camera can't? I'd mention commercial airlines as well, but clearly they're in on hiding the awful truth from us.;) Best case scenario with this guy is he gets terrible camera footage.

Armenius likes this.
  19. Ranulfo

Ranulfo [H]ard|Gawd

Tell me, do you believe in the big bang theory?

20. RayderR6

RayderR6 Limp Gawd

lol, figured it was an Onion article, guess not.

So if the flat earthers don't believe all the evidence and people who say the Earth is round, why should any of us ground based people believe what he says about the results of his experiment and observations? I say he has to take all of us up there or "we still don't know". Fucking ridiculous, hope he crashes and burns, it will be Darwin +100000000000000000000000000000000000000

21. illram

illram [H]ard|Gawd

So when he dies doing this that's like natural selection right?

22. termite

termite [H]ardness Supreme

Nah, it'll be a CIA/NSA/NASA hit/cover up.

Can't let the truth out.

Armenius and illram like this.
  23. Chimpee

Chimpee [H]ard|Gawd

1800 feet?? Cheaper just to rent a plane and a pilot to fly above 1800 feet or heck, go hike a mountain than scamming 20k out of people, but I don't expect any bright bulb for the people who donated to him.

Armenius and N4CR like this.
  24. Chimpee

Chimpee [H]ard|Gawd

I really believe he is just using flat earth to scam people so he can build his pet projects.

Armenius and termite like this.
  25. IcePickFreak

IcePickFreak [H]ard|Gawd

Well this flight is only 1800 feet; buildings are taller.

Per the article
    So I hope he survives so we can see how much bullshitting he can do, and how much more funding that gets him.

If all goes well in the future, hopefully he'll get underneath the earth and get a picture of the turtles.

Armenius likes this.
  26. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

I've always wondered what would happen when one of the flat Earthers goes into space and comes back and says "You know guys, it is a sphere". I bet they would believe their own person was brainwashed.

Armenius and termite like this.
  27. Dekoth-E-

I believe it is currently the best theory we currently have that is supported by an overwhelming amount of verifiable evidence until meaningful evidence to the contrary surfaces.

GoldenTiger and Wierdo like this.
  28. Tych-0

Tych-0 Gawd

I have trouble believing most of these flat Earthers are anything more than trolls. Just trying to get a rise out of people, or trick the uneducated into making themselves look stupid. Does anybody actually personally know somebody that is a legit flat Earther? There just can't be many people that can be duped by such obvious nonsense.

29. chenw

chenw 2[H]4U

That's the entire basis of the Flat earth theory, it's backed by a major conspiracy theory.

My counter argument against that theory is that is there is an entity on Earth who is POWERFUL enough to CONTROL both the USA AND USSR at the same time (if one was trying to cover up the flat earth argument, there is no chance that the other would not use that to rip them a new one), as well as every Space, Air and Maritime operations (haulage specifically), and now every country on Earth, then I honestly don't think trying to lie everyone about the flat Earth would be anywhere near that entity's top priority to try and brainwash Humans with.

That, and comparing the odds of one such entity existing over the chances that maybe, maybe round Earth is actually true, guess which answer is more sensible?

It's ironic that it's the people who slept through their science class are now telling people to wake up.

Armenius and GoldenTiger like this.
  30. Ranulfo

Ranulfo [H]ard|Gawd

You have more faith than I gungadin.

31. chenw

chenw 2[H]4U

One thing is for certain, the fact that we know people can be duped about something that literally everyone should know the answers to, how problematic would it be if the subject in question is now no longer as well known by your ordinary citizen?

EG David Avacado Wolfe

32. Dekoth-E-

No idea what that last word even is, but no I do not have faith. I believe things which can be proven using logic and evidence. At present the Big bang is the most logical theory we have that has evidence supporting it. That does not imply that it isn't without fault and that it is indisputable. However since I know where you are trying to go with this. There is absolutely Zero evidence whatsoever for creationism. So the reality is you either believe that the Big bang is the most credible current theory or you choose to revel in ignorance as per my original statement.

GoldenTiger, mysticdrew and Wierdo like this.
  33. Ranulfo

Ranulfo [H]ard|Gawd

Heh, see Kipling. You're a better man than I big bang believer. Maybe once we get up into space with a bit more regularity I'll buy into Doc Voicebox's favorite theory as more than scientists looking to be theologians (and usually being worse than them).

34. USMCGrunt

USMCGrunt 2[H]4U

Did anyone else catch the part where his fuel is steam power, lol? Seriously, he's gonna boil water under pressure and use it to propel himself....talk about a terrible idea...can't wait to see how it mangles his body, lol.

Armenius likes this.
  35. Grebuloner

Grebuloner Gawd

I do. I have a coworker that is as hardcore a conspiracy/antiscience nut as you will ever meet. He actually took a ruler to the sidewalk outside our break room, showed it touched on both ends, thus flat earth. It's not warm today, thus global warming is a hoax meant to blah blah blah. Most of us walk away when he starts spouting off. His view of news is that he will watch/read it and decide for himself if it's true or not on the spot, but it probably isn't, because they didn't talk about X not newsworthy event in Y foreign country so they're brainwashing us but he's too smart for them ho ho!

I kinda want to meet his wife...but I really don't.

Armenius likes this.
  36. IcePickFreak

IcePickFreak [H]ard|Gawd

I read he's already made it a 1/4 mile in distance and was pretty banged up. Not sure how high he got before, during, or after that one though.

37. tetris42

tetris42 [H]ardness Supreme

I'm glad his vote is worth as much as everyone else's.

38. Wrecked Em

Wrecked Em [H]ardness Supreme

The funniest part is realizing how many idiots actually believe these "flat earthers" are actually serious. This is the greatest troll effort ever.

Also, this guy will continue to come up with excuse after excuse. His launch will never happen.

39. ob1

ob1 2[H]4U

There are a lot of them currently. It is very similar to the evolution argument, and now climate change. No matter how much proof you show them, they will always doubt/fight the situation. It is nearly impossible to change their mind, no matter how many facts or what proof you show them. It just doesn't matter anymore, and their groups are growing in size.

_l_ likes this.
  40. NAXDON

NAXDON Limp Gawd

As if danger signs didn't work. Natural selection is a clever sum' a bitch.