• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A few problems with my computer

Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
3
I did a search and could find nothing similar so here we go.

I have a problem and have not been able to solve it for a few months now. So last night I reformatted my computer thinking it would solve my problems but it did not. Here are my issues:

(Razor Copperhead Gaming Mouse) My mouse will often "double click" when I have only single clicked which will sometimes cause a lot of problems when I am doing various tasks. I cannot figure out why it does this at all, sometimes more than others.

(Microsoft Multi Media Keyboard 1.0A PS2 connector) My keyboard does not always "function" upon first start-up. I will turn the computer on and it does not work at all but as soon as I reboot it works fine, this happens just about every time I turn the computer on.

If anyone is aware why these things happen could you please let me know? They have been like this for months now and my reformat did nothing to help solve them, I am running XP btw. Thanks
 
I used to have the same problem with my old Asus P4 board..I

If you reformatted and its the same problem, it could be the physical connections. Try plugging it into a different computer or different motherboard...if the same problem occurs its your mouse/keyboard...if it doesn't, its probably the connectors.


This happens often with PS/2 connections as they fail over time because of the constant unplugging and replugging...try a PS/2 usb connector.
 
A few questions:

Are you using a PS2 mouse connection or USB? Are you using a USB/PS2 converter?

Are you using drivers for your mouse? If not, get the latest.

It sounds like an issue with the connections on your mobo/mouse. Do you have some other keyboards/mice you could test?
 
My mouse is USB, keyboard PS2 and I just downloaded the latest drivers for the mouse, I do not think my keyboard has any. I do not use any converters at the moment.

Is there anyway that my mouse and keyboard interfere with one another on startup therefore causing an issue but fixes itself upon restart? Maybe it is just my motherboard causing the problem, I really don't know. I can always try them on another computer to see whats the deal. Thanks for the input though guys, I appreciate it!
 
Well I just switched to a different PS2 Keyboard and it had the same issue as my new one so I know the keyboard is not the problem for sure. I do have a ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe MOBO like the first post spoke of and I am about to contact ASUS to see if they have heard of this problem before and how I can fix it. Thanks for all the help guys, late.
 
Back
Top