• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A Few MP3 Player Questions

Skrying

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
2,851
I'm looking into the market to by a large hard drive based MP3 player. I'm on a limited budget right now (sub $220) but what I've been finding is a few creative products are the one's out there that are within my budget.

I'm looking at a Creative Zen Touch, and I've read a few reviews but they dont answer my main question about the unit. I see that you can make playlists, but I dont want to do this (I hate playlists). Is there an option on the unit to just play a whole album without having to make a playlist for it? Like on a CD player you can choose to just keep replaying the album, would this function or feature work on this unit?

I've read that the Zen Xtra does not have the feature/function that I was asking about with the Touch, can anyone confirm this for me with the Zen Xtra?

Thanks
 
Having been an owner of the original 20gb Zen USB2.0, 40gb Zen Xtra and 5gb Zen Micro, I can almost assure you that playing by album is a definite feature of the Zen Touch.

As far as I know, for the 3 Creative HDD MP3 players I own, I can play by album, artist, genre, playlist or all the music at once.
 
Come to think of it, I may possibly be speaking about the features of my Zen Micro.

I've used it so much that I may have presumed that those features exist as well. Sorry if I'm mistaken. :D
 
the zen touch and the zen micro can both play just an album and repeat that album. you can also do this function by artist and genre.
 
Thanks for the replies. Sorry for a late response. I just bought the Zen Touch. It'll be nice being able to carry around my entire music collection without have to thinking about what songs not to carry with me.
 
Back
Top