A dust bag?

SarverSystems

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
7,408
I just bought 2 Xigmatek power supplies. 1 has arrived, and 1 is due today.

There is no mention of the dust bag in any of the reviews or in the manual.

What's it for?

I obviously can't run the PSU in the bag.

Is this something they threw in for "added value"?
 
My BFG psu came with one. I thoght it was a little strange as well. I just use it for toting small odds and ends around.
 
The bag is just something to protect the psu and something that gives added value... makes the consumer think that he's getting a really luxurious item. My corsair 750's comes in a cool little velvet bag, lol
 
It's for carrying it to lan parties, obviously.

... TBH you have to ask yourself, why did my wallet come in a stupid box made out of leather that i would never use?
 
Whoah, hang on guys.

The PSU didn't ship IN the bag. It shipped WITH the bag. It was all folded up nice and neat alongside the bag that holds the extra cables.

If it shipped IN the bag, I would understand. Still stupid since it's shipped inside a plastic bag, which is inside a box, but whatever.

Anywho, the dust bag is not for keeping dust out of the PSU.
 
They're good for holding lots of screws if you just throw them around like me thinking you won't need them; but alas you will and you can't find them.
 
Back
Top