A Developer's Linux Experience

Good article/blog about this dudes Linux experience. Clearly not an everyday user... but ya for power user types Linux is awsome and just fun. Of course we live in a world full of MS stuff we have to play nice with. His main issues where games (ya we would all love windows level game support) and issues like making word run (not sure why he was bothering with wine/word as he clearly stated he was set between google and libre) other then that ya ms .net can be a bitch sure I'm not shocked. lol

Always good to hear about developers switching to Linux full time. I feel him on the others don't know how to use my machine issue. That cuts both ways though at times... my boys never had the drive to really learn, they knew how to fire up the web browser and they where fine with that. On the other hand my 14 year old daughter will sometimes move things around rename stuff which although it drives me insane I can't really give her hell for either, you can be proud and annoyed all at once.

Good article/blog about this dudes Linux experience. Clearly not an everyday user... but ya for power user types Linux is awsome and just fun. Of course we live in a world full of MS stuff we have to play nice with. His main issues where games (ya we would all love windows level game support) and issues like making word run (not sure why he was bothering with wine/word as he clearly stated he was set between google and libre) other then that ya ms .net can be a bitch sure I'm not shocked. lol

Always good to hear about developers switching to Linux full time. I feel him on the others don't know how to use my machine issue. That cuts both ways though at times... my boys never had the drive to really learn, they knew how to fire up the web browser and they where fine with that. On the other hand my 14 year old daughter will sometimes move things around rename stuff which although it drives me insane I can't really give her hell for either, you can be proud and annoyed all at once.

I agree. My wife will have to use my system sometimes when i'm at work and has never once complained about it running Linux or asked me how to do something. She can figure out whatever basic task she needs to do because in most cases it is very similar to how she would do it on Windows.

I agree. My wife will have to use my system sometimes when i'm at work and has never once complained about it running Linux or asked me how to do something. She can figure out whatever basic task she needs to do because in most cases it is very similar to how she would do it on Windows.

Funny, similar findings here with my wife using my Linux workstation while I'm out working.

Our wives must be smarter than a vast number of so called 'enthusiests' on [H].

Funny, similar findings here with my wife using my Linux workstation while I'm out working.

Our wives must be smarter than a vast number of so called 'enthusiests' on [H].

I have a gut feeling that most of the so called [H]ard are just gamers that enthusiastically build gaming boxes.

I have a gut feeling that most of the so called [H]ard are just gamers that enthusiastically build gaming boxes.

This from a person who could not even offer a solution to the problem I was actually having. Yeah, really [H]. :D I have a feeling you are not really aware of the level of expertise of a large number of people here. :)

Edit: No, I am not a developer but, that is an entirely different field with a different form of thinking.

This from a person who could not even offer a solution to the problem I was actually having. Yeah, really [H]. :D I have a feeling you are not really aware of the level of expertise of a large number of people here. :)

Edit: No, I am not a developer but, that is an entirely different field with a different form of thinking.

He did offer a solution, you chose to ignore it.

I have tried Windows 10 Mail time and time again, more often than not I have had issues with Windows 10 Mail - Usually with the client refusing to download attachments. It is not a good mail client and the fact you want to sweep issues with your idea of the perfect operating system under the rug is not going to change that.

Thunderbird shits all over Windows 10 Mail and it's free.

You are a damn troll.

He did offer a solution, you chose to ignore it.

I have tried Windows 10 Mail time and time again, more often than not I have had issues with Windows 10 Mail - Usually with the client refusing to download attachments. It is not a good mail client and the fact you want to sweep issues with your idea of the perfect operating system under the rug is not going to change that.

Thunderbird shits all over Windows 10 Mail and it's free.

You are a damn troll.

He did not offer a solution at all, he basically told me to get rid of my Dodge and buy a Chevy. I asked for a fix as a solution, he offered nothing. :D Not [H] at all. ;)

He did not offer a solution at all, he basically told me to get rid of my Dodge and buy a Chevy. I asked for a fix as a solution, he offered nothing. :D Not [H] at all. ;)

Because the Dodge is unreliable at best - Windows 10 mail is fraught with issues and far too limiting. You can deny that all you like, the fact you deny it doesn't make it right.

You try so hard to defend the company that doesn't give two shits about you as a consumer, it's crazy. Thunderbird shits all over Windows 10 Mail, why on earth anyone would use a mail client as crap as Windows 10 Mail when great alternatives exist is beyond my comprehension.

Bloody Apple Mail is better than Windows 10 Mail....

Last edited:
The issue we are talking about is suggesting someone not run windows mail... lol

That is a bad solution ?

If your running a MS mail client, just stop why torture yourself for nothing. There is a windows compiled version of Thunderbird.

The issue we are talking about is suggesting someone not run windows mail... lol

That is a bad solution ?

If your running a MS mail client, just stop why torture yourself for nothing. There is a windows compiled version of Thunderbird.

If you don't portray Windows 10 in a positive light, you're just being negative?!

Back