A cheap portable setup

Leman

Gawd
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
909
Having stumbled upon some money, I was thinking of upgrading my current portable setup (Old Sony Bean, Senn CX300s) to something closer in quality to my A700s. I was thinking:
Sansa Clip
Super.fi 3 (found a pair used, good condition, cheap)
Fiio E5

Except I'm not sure I need the E5 at all. Would there be appreciable gains in using the E5? Is it worth buying at $25 just to try out for the heck of it?


PS: Prices suck hard in Canada.
 
Last edited:
I don't see why not, for $25 I'd be willing to try almost anything. Unless you're say, a dirt-poor college student scraping by, $25 is easy to come by.

But then, there's the counter-thought that a $25 amp isn't going to do a hellva lot :)

Damn, now I'm torn :D
 
Back
Top